One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jack's Smirking Revenge
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hot toys black t shirt that I would like to have a custom print or logo.
Does anyone on the board d this kind of work or know of someone who does?
I need it on the shirt that I have because it is the prefect size for the figure I have.
Please let me know
Thanks!

·
Just another Kraut
326 Posts
I know someone who makes customs but he is from germany

He made the printing on this shirt

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Printing onto something is super easy. Get the iron on fabric transfers found at any local craft store and you can print what ever you want. If the shirt is black get the dark transfers, if white there is one for that as well...just down size what ever picture it is and do a test print for size on plain paper first..

Here is a pic of one of the things i have done, I printed the Harley Davidson logo and the name on the back...

So once you get this done, make sure you show us...:thumb

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Yes it can, you just have to have the right set up with your printer. If your printer does not have this feature,then you have to do a back ground negative of the words, meaning you print the background in black or what ever color it is...the problem is getting the background color to match the fabric you are using,

but it can be done with some work and imagination..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It is easy peasy to do yourself, like Andy said.
As for the white image on a black shirt-the iron on transfers are white so anything white (there is no white ink on a printer) will just be left blank and be the white colour of the transfers. I have made at least a half dozen Punisher logo transfers and ironed them on black shirts and they all come out very well.

Just watch the temperature of your iron or you can scorch the transfer and make the white part a tad brownish (done that before as well but with a Punisher logo it wasn't the end of the world.)

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,779 Posts
thanks for the info now all i need is a working printer, a navy blue t shirt and the LAFD t shirt letters! one question though how do i iron on LAFD letters onto 21stc yellow turnouts? and how do i remove the existing lettering?

·
Jack's Smirking Revenge
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies! if I were to use red print on a black shirt what type or transfer paper should I use

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
thanks for the info now all i need is a working printer, a navy blue t shirt and the LAFD t shirt letters! one question though how do i iron on LAFD letters onto 21stc yellow turnouts? and how do i remove the existing lettering?
depending on the size of the font, I've got a guy here in LA that can do it.:thumb

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
But what I want to know where you can buy lots of blank 1/6 shirts (preferably black). I need a lot.
If it's black t-shirts you want, you can get them from either Project ARE or Cotswold. If you're looking for something like a long-sleeved dress shirt in black, then you can get them from Project ARE.

EDIT: I just checked the Cotswold site and they no longer have black t-shirts listed, only olive green and tan. Too bad, because they were only $2.79 each!

David

·
Registered
485 Posts
If it's black t-shirts you want, you can get them from either Project ARE or Cotswold. If you're looking for something like a long-sleeved dress shirt in black, then you can get them from Project ARE.

EDIT: I just checked the Cotswold site and they no longer have black t-shirts listed, only olive green and tan. Too bad, because they were only $2.79 each!

David
Yeah I had hoped Cotswold still offered them since they had bulk discounts available. I'd wanted to purchase lots of them but can't pay $5 a piece that Project Are charges.

Sean

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Yeah I had hoped Cotswold still offered them since they had bulk discounts available. I'd wanted to purchase lots of them but can't pay $5 a piece that Project Are charges.

Sean
Maybe if you contact Project ARE and explain that you want a bunch of black t-shirts, they could cut you a deal. It wouldn't hurt to ask!

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts