One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a 50 caliber gun and mount, like for the back of a Jeep ala "Rat Patrol"? I have a Dragon Jeep model, but the version without the gun in back- and wondered if the gun, or at least mount was available from somewhere by itself?

Any help appreciated.

Sean

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,282 Posts
Hey Sean,

Does this help?

If you plan to buy it, don't buy it there. I sell it cheaper here.

Dave

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, this one is what I'm looking for - but it's INSANELY expensive (plus $70 shipping). Utterly absurd.
I thought Dragon sold a kit at one time?
In any case, if you sell something simila at a reasonable price I'd be interested. Thanks!

Sean

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,282 Posts
Yeah, this one is what I'm looking for - but it's INSANELY expensive (plus $70 shipping). Utterly absurd.
I thought Dragon sold a kit at one time?
In any case, if you sell something simila at a reasonable price I'd be interested. Thanks!

Sean
Perhaps you should not use the words "Utterly absurd." But we all know, that military collectors...well...let's just say they are fugal with their money.
It is the time in making this. They are not molded, but handmade. Every piece is done by hand.

Dragon ones came with the Jeep. Your best bet is to buy the Dragon Jeep with the mount, but that would cost you a pretty penny also, as that has been discontinued for a very long time now.
Here on ebay I found a mount:

Jeep with mount and 50:

I am here to help you, so don't upset me by using those words. Say something to the effect of "it is too expensive for me". ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
I could see really high prices if you were putting it on a $5000 tank model but for a mass produced Jeep model a decent looking gun can be had on ebay for under $15,just search for Browning M2,you will probably want to clean up the seams and repaint them but they make a good starting point.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could see really high prices if you were putting it on a $5000 tank model but for a mass produced Jeep model a decent looking gun can be had on ebay for under $15,just search for Browning M2,you will probably want to clean up the seams and repaint them but they make a good starting point.
Yeah, the gun itself isn't the problem- the cradle it sits on and the mount/tripod stand are the tricky things to find. It seems no one makes the correct cradle and the accurate stand isn't made either. East Coast Armory has a stand that can pass, maybe, but no accurate cradle.

Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Armorpax makes a white metal 50 cal cradle and while heavy seems to be the go to mount for many in this hobby.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Armorpax makes a white metal 50 cal cradle and while heavy seems to be the go to mount for many in this hobby.
Yeah, their AP096-US kit is not an exact match of what I'm looking for, but kind of close. If there's another on their website I'm missing please let me know. Thanks for the input guys!

This is what I'm looking for:
fd6c2a1ea7b1c115658a35e2a10b9023.png
qj8GmDzclHfpENki7x6WoUNt6UP.jpg

Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts