One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
None ever made actually for 1/6 AFAIK, but this will work if you can find one: Amazon.com says Currently Unavailable. This is a Kurt Adler, Downton Abbey series Christmas ornament that came out in 2014 (at least that's when I got mine). It's 4" tall so it scales fine. There is also a relatively find-able gramophone that was made in that series of brass pencil sharpeners of vintage objects, but the brass one is definitely undersized (might pass as a background object though).

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
There's one listed on ebay
Nicely found, Dutchman. And here's a different version that EBay shows in the "Similar Items" to that one: Gramophone Keepsake Hanging Ornament See Pictures For Details | eBay I've never seen this second one in hand -- wd need some work, because unlike the first one, it is too specifically Christmas-sy.

Veering slightly off-topic, I miss the days when each year Christmas Ornaments would bring us something interesting and unexpected to adapt for 1/6. I used to make a lot of Boxing Day visits to Hallmark Stores for 50% off Ornaments. Nowdays the brick and mortar Hallmark stores are almost all gone, and the last couple of years, I haven't seen any useful/interesting ornaments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
None ever made actually for 1/6 AFAIK, but this will work if you can find one: Amazon.com says Currently Unavailable. This is a Kurt Adler, Downton Abbey series Christmas ornament that came out in 2014 (at least that's when I got mine). It's 4" tall so it scales fine. There is also a relatively find-able gramophone that was made in that series of brass pencil sharpeners of vintage objects, but the brass one is definitely undersized (might pass as a background object though).

Moonbase Alpha Male: I thank you and my Dr. Phibes figure thanks you!
Nicely found, Dutchman. And here's a different version that EBay shows in the "Similar Items" to that one: Gramophone Keepsake Hanging Ornament See Pictures For Details | eBay I've never seen this second one in hand -- wd need some work, because unlike the first one, it is too specifically Christmas-sy.

Veering slightly off-topic, I miss the days when each year Christmas Ornaments would bring us something interesting and unexpected to adapt for 1/6. I used to make a lot of Boxing Day visits to Hallmark Stores for 50% off Ornaments. Nowdays the brick and mortar Hallmark stores are almost all gone, and the last couple of years, I haven't seen any useful/interesting ornaments.

Thanks a lot! I need one for my Dr. Phibes figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestion but I actually went with one of the Christmas ornaments suggested above since the scale is pretty close to 1/6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I appreciate the link but even though it says 1/6, with the lack of detail and the heading "Dollhouse Miniature" I'd say its most definitely 1/12.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts