One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something Ive wondered about other Bashers, When you build a Bash and put it on the shelf is that it? Or do you start working on another Bash and find out that the previous bash has parts you really want to put on the new bash (complicated). Ive had this problem lately because funds wont allow for new parts for now so I am stuck pulling from bashes I already have. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I rebash all the time.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
i have a few i kept as it is and haven't touched them or changed anything with it since i got into kitbashing, like 2 of them. the rest i have rebashed until im finally content, maybe, plus kitbashing is just so much fun:jump4joy

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
some do, some don'te. i have some on my shelving tha's fallen over many times, if they fall 3 times, I sacrifice them for parts

·
Diplomacy is Overrated
796 Posts
Mine stay bashed. If i need identical parts I just buy them, it's only money and you can't take it with you :)

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
I put in some effort to create a bash and any one kitbash I did usually took me weeks to really call it complete. Hence my bashes usually stays as they are - at least for a period of time.
In my display shelve, I have kitbashes that dates back to 2003 or even earlier. But a warning, if possible, do not take out old bashes for whatever reasons cos you'll definitely notice old gear on them that in many instances had newer more accurate similar gear available in the market now. That means spending for upgrading :lol

About scavenging gear from existing bashes, it'll depend of the gear you want is a main part or not. If it is a main part, you'll most likely have to tear down the old bash since it likely lost its meaning as a bash of original concept. For such case, I'll usually want to hunt down the parts seperately for the new bash and leave my current bash whole.

If the gear is a secondary part (ie bayonet, shades, water bottle, camelbak, weapons etc), then I will use it first for the new bash and source for a replacement leisurely or even leave the old bash as it is without this secondary gear moving fwd.

I am a sentimental guy. Bashes I build is because it is something I felt strongly about at that point of time that warrants my effort and energy in building it so tearing it down usually is a last resort.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Mine are usually intended to be rebashed although they often stay "as is" for months or even years.

One on-going project of mine is building teams or squads of fictional adversaries. A major aspect of this is to rebash for various theatres and add or subtract figures from the "cast" as needed. The challenge is to find the nicest gear I can in the quantity I need for the least amount of money, since I'm often bashing from 5 to 8 guys in similar gear. I also prefer gear and accessories that are less "fiddly" and delicate to facilitate frequent changes. Having a fictional element also gives me freedom to choose weapons and gear as I see fit or as they become available but I do considerable research to try to keep things plausible.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
My bashes have changed as time went on. My Marines that I posted recently used to have different HS, and their gear, uniforms, and weapons have changed kind of in phases from OIF2 until present, on my whims or when "better" stuff becomes available. Whatever they wear, they've been the same, sort of, throughout ^_^

Bits and pieces circulate among them though, so accessories aren't necessarily static in that mode either.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Yes,

I've done that, indeed I've just done that, I had to pension off my Han Solo as I needed the hands for the bash I'm doing now. If Neo3's run short I may yet have to kill my mobster off as well as he has the best Neo3 in my collection at the moment. So, no, they don't stay bashes forever. Even though I think my bashes are the best thing since sliced bread at the time, I'll part them down in a heartbeat if there's something I desperately need.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
All mine stay. I may add to them but I don't rebash. If I get a new idea, I just bash another fig.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I might modify/update a bash once it's done, but always start from scratch on new ones.

·
What should I bash today?
4,267 Posts
My bash stays only as long as it takes to upload its pics on OSW... :lol Due to lack of space and funds, I've practically nothing on display at home and i recycle parts as often as environmental activists... Generally, i only have ONE set of everything, unless the item is really cheap or a good investment... :grinroll What remains of a bash r only pics on my hard disk and OSW gallery... Perhaps u can say I've commitment issues! :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
i rebash all the time, i go through phases of what figures i want to bash, and i finish that "Phase" i usually take them apart or take a couple of good parts off and make more or better ones. but ive only got like one bash that is not going anywhere.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
txnatgrd1 said:
This is something Ive wondered about other Bashers, When you build a Bash and put it on the shelf is that it? Or do you start working on another Bash and find out that the previous bash has parts you really want to put on the new bash (complicated). Ive had this problem lately because funds wont allow for new parts for now so I am stuck pulling from bashes I already have. Does anyone else have this problem?
Simply put.... Yes my friend. You are not alone.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
GrenadierStinny said:
99% of my bashes stay bashed for good.

I'll only take one apart if it's really old and I just don't like it anymore. Even then I usually just take the few good parts from it and just toss the rest in a box.
Ditto.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
50/50, some stay bashed when i am really happywith them, some constantly change. But i play alot with them anyway :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts