One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into a much smaller living space, not a lot of closet space or storage at all. I store all my finished customs and kitbashes in a glass cabinet from Ikea, but there is no where to keep the boxes my figures came in. Some of the boxes have great artwork and photos. I hate to throw them out, but I may have to part with some of them.

What does everyone do with your boxes? Keep in the closet, display, toss, etc.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I only keep the boxes Toy Soldier uses.I like the size for keeping WIPS

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you talk about Dragon. I'll cut out the cover only. They got great cover illustration on their early stuff. I don't keep any box, even if the figure cost over $150 or more. Once you throw out the first couple of boxes, it got much easier the next box and so on. Now I don't even keep the Dragon box cover illustration anymore. All gone.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
I used to, but when I got up to 300+ Dragon and bbi figures and boxes-- something had to go!!!

Eventually, I threw out all the picture boxes and just kept the Ron Volstad painted Dragon boxes. Then I just cut the front flap off and threw away the rest.

Now, they're all gone, and all I keep are the TS boxes 'cause they're good for storing WIP's and transporting figures in.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Yeah I've been keeping the boxes, but plan to have a bonfire soon to appease the 1/6 gods in hopes they bless us with boxes stuffed with new figures.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Boxes got to go. Once you do throw away a couple...it gets easier for sure. After that, once you get a new boxed figure, you will automatically throw the boxes away with out thinking twice. After all, your an action figure collector right?

TRASH'EM TRASH'EM TRASH'EM TRASH'EM TRASH'EM You can do it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Eric makes a good point, collect figures not boxes

I only keep the boxes for the limited edition figures like the TS TOTS Navy SEAL I have, otherwise just throw them out, especially Dragon and BBi

if you really like the artwork on the box or the presentation, then keep it otherwise throw it away

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
I've been wondering about this for like 2 years now(about how long I've been collecting), always been afraid to ask for sounding foolish. I always think I'll sell some on ebay someday (yea, right :rolleyes ) and I always thought I could get more with the box. Am I fooling myself? Cheapo's get tossed, but I have about 15 Sideshow figs still in the box (they make such pretty display's ;) ), and 4 Medicom, also still in the box. Is there some kind of intervention that can be held? I like grizzerr's bonfire, apease the gods take on it, and from the sound of it, as soon as I start, it will get easy. So how do I take the first leap? Get a bottle of Jack and a lighter? Btw, the Jack's for drinking, not starting the fire, then I get all sentimental, think of the great times we had, and start torching the boxes while I listen to Danny boy and cry. :wail

·
Registered
931 Posts
One Shot GD said:
Boxes got to go. Once you do throw away a couple...it gets easier for sure. After that, once you get a new boxed figure, you will automatically throw the boxes away with out thinking twice. After all, your an action figure collector right?

TRASH'EM TRASH'EM TRASH'EM TRASH'EM TRASH'EM You can do it!
Dude i just can't do it...................I can't :fit

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I always keep them,

Often it's a safe place to store the unwanted gear. None of my figures could be returned to MIB though and yes, they are starting to take up space, but so too are my figures!

CHEERS!

·
Introdce a little Anarchy
165 Posts
I keep mine, mainly the HT, and Takara ones. I would think its a safe place to put them back in when I move, but I could be wrong. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep all my 1/6 items safe from damage during a move?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I was keeping all my boxes but they started to pile up. I put them in my attic to buy some time and space. I bought a few doubles and decided to throw the double boxes away. This was a no-brainer and did not put a serious hurt on my packratism. Then one day I noticed my DML Lang box had come unglued. This seemed like a good time to get rid of a double box. I kept the cover. I guess in the future I will need to start disposing of the boxes but I don't want too!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.