One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See subject.

An odd and peculiar discussion/question.

Speaking for myself, yes and no.

Yes. I do hold some grudges based on past and present 1:6 interactions over the years. I know. It's not productive to hold a grudge, but then again some interactions are so . . . memorable . . . a grudge is held.

No. I don't always hold a grudge. Some grudges eventually find no meaning or purpose to continue and extinguish themselves as being silly and trivial. In retrospect, the futility and inane rational for holding a grudge comes off childish at the very least.

Whether one felt another was a complete @$$hole, a disagreement, a very heated argument, a deal gone south, etcetera . . . it's human nature to hold a grudge, but this discussion is specific to the 1:6 hobby and our interactions within it that led to a grudge.

1:6 food for thought or not.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
No I don't. Even though over the years I have had disagreement with members I really don't remember what most of them were about. I guess because when it all boils down we are talking about toys.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I have a grudge.....that's where I park my car at night.....

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Yes I Do at particular vendor that claimed that I deliberately broke the neck post on an new in the box PHICEN figure with a plastic skeleton I think that figure was a blonde a few years ago & I will never do business with them again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hold a grudge against a certain company, but I'm not the kind of person that holds grudges against fellow collectors.

Now, I must admit I have very, very low esteem for so called artists that profit from their talent by being uber greedy with their fellow collectorsand copyi HT by increasing their prices for no real reason (most sculptors actually, I did sculpt cast and sold myself and trust me, anything over $25 is stealing). It's human, but it shows the lowest instincts of humanity...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Maybe just one. A formerly active customizer on here who took HS painting commissions, had me send the two bodies and the two HS to match the color back in 2013, and despite numerous assurances, after long response times, that my stuff would be finished and/or returned...Nothing. They've been inactive here for quite some time, and haven't responded to any further inquiries from me. I've since resigned myself to the fact that I'm out roughly $300.

·
AKA Silent G
637 Posts
You mean like destroying a relationship with two friends of over ten years who had welcomed someone into their house, and all doing this over an rampant OCD / Hoarder's compulsion that led to someone doing so over the sole mentally unhealthy premise of "How dare they prevent me from getting toys!" as obviously toys are more important to one of the parties involved in such a grudge than friendships are? That kind of grudge?

·
My heater's broke...
1,147 Posts
You have one time to burn me on issues of money or returning my property.

Akin to that, you have one time to burn me on issues of customer service.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
I have a grudge.....that's where I park my car at night.....
I believe you might be mistaken. I think you are thinking of a movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar, which was about a house. I don't think there was a 1/6 figure of her from the movie, but with careful kitbashing, you might be able to use a Buffy figure. ( hope you don't mind me using your joke as a jumping of point for mine)

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Ah....never saw it.......so as I said, the grudge is where I park my car.....

·
Batmanila
850 Posts
I'm a loyal buyer from my local 1:6 brick and mortar store but if it [email protected] up an order, I patronize a new store. So far, I stopped buying from two local stores.

·
YES I Know My Team Sucks
965 Posts
I have had a couple of problems with other collectors back in the day.....but to hold a grudge ? NO......just will try not to deal with them again.......the one thing that does "piss me off" is when someone tries talk you way down in price, or tries to shame you into selling it to them cheaper.........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts