1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!for me at least.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
I think he means his purchases and stuff for prices and things like that cause i know i was lucky i kept my sales receipts from my on line pchs. cause that huge nor easter that his last April in New York i lost a lot of stuff and was able ot re-pchs. everything only cuase insurance gave my parents the moneies for it

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
I have a detailed list of my nude figures and loose sculpts ( around 200 nudes and 100 sculpts ) Helps me to know what I have so I don't make any frivolous purchases ( can't believe I said that:lol ) I can also read the list when looking for a base for a bash without having to unpack all the possibilities.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
I know 38Oliver does have an inventory. I used to but got lazy and stopped updating it. I would have to start fresh. But i do keep a record of all that I purchase. Also for insurance purposes. Everything in my house is monitored that way. Comes form my father being an insurance guy.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,344 Posts
I do have a book I write stuff in to, and I log the prices of each. I use it to break down the contents of each fig/set too, and mark all the bits that I have given away or sold. I usually fill it in as I am building the set, or opening the box(in the case of loose bits)

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yep. I first made up a spreadsheet for a rider on my homeowner insurance policy to cover my collection. That way, in case anything ever happened, I could at least get cash to replace it or at least start over (in the event stuff had been discontinued). After investing all that effort I discovered it was also a great way to record (and remember) what I actually used for parts on each and every bashed figure. Now I update it every time I finish a figure. (Very easy!) I even record the name and specialty of each figure.

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Whenever I get a new weapon, I take a pic of it and put it in a folder with all the rest to know what the gun is and how it looks like. Helps me to know what I have so I don't buy any doubles and not have to dig through the actual weapon itself to confirm it.

·
girly-girl tomboy
94 Posts
Once my boyfriend moved his collection to a storage unit, it was harder to keep track of which ones he already had, and which ones he 'needed' (he usually does 'one for show, one for stow' on many of the figures) Because they weren't as readily accessible as they once were, he started forgetting which figures he already had. That's when I started helping him list the figures.
The only problem is keeping up with what he's bought- he brings them over to the storage unit and forgets to tell me about them.
...hey, wait a minute! ...hmmm, is he REALLY forgetting to tell me about them? :confused:

·
Pop culture Addict
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
foley.ea said:
Once my boyfriend moved his collection to a storage unit, it was harder to keep track of which ones he already had, and which ones he 'needed' (he usually does 'one for show, one for stow' on many of the figures) Because they weren't as readily accessible as they once were, he started forgetting which figures he already had. That's when I started helping him list the figures.
The only problem is keeping up with what he's bought- he brings them over to the storage unit and forgets to tell me about them.
...hey, wait a minute! ...hmmm, is he REALLY forgetting to tell me about them? :confused:
oh o! I smell trouble . "runs for cover" lol

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
itchyrider said:
I want to cat. my stuff. How do I start?
I guess it depends on how much stuff you have and what method you choose to list it - spreadsheet, paper/pen list, etc. The hard part for me with the nudes list and sculpts list was getting all the stuff laid out and then trying to remember all the names:lol You might want to start with sections/categories: weapons, unis, vests, etc. Once you have it all listed, just stay on the updates. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yessir I do! I find it to be the only way to remember what was the original name, rank, etc. data of the figure; which are usually parted out and bashed. It's also kind of a fun way to document when was it you bought the figure and if you bought it loose or boxed. I keep the list in my laptop's hard disk and update it as soon as I have new ones; also have a back up in a USB drive. Just want to keep track of things.

·
itchyrider
137 Posts
Sir Eaton Flipflop said:
I guess it depends on how much stuff you have and what method you choose to list it - spreadsheet, paper/pen list, etc. The hard part for me with the nudes list and sculpts list was getting all the stuff laid out and then trying to remember all the names:lol You might want to start with sections/categories: weapons, unis, vests, etc. Once you have it all listed, just stay on the updates. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. would like to do an Excel spreadsheet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.