One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm brand new to 1:6 figures, and am looking to buy a Phicen/TBLeague M33 (mostly for drawing reference, also for the general fun of it).

I've looked at reviews of the M33 and everyone seems to mention this model coming with a few sets of genitals. But the listings I've seen on Ebay and Alixpress (mostly the less expensive ones from China) don't include them in the parts list, and when I asked a seller they confirmed they don't come with it.

So I'm confused... is this figure supposed to come with the family jewels or no? Was there a cheaper re-release without them? Or could these be counterfeits? I could live without the man bits on my figure, but mostly I'm worried I'd be buying an unofficial knock-off.

Any Phicen experts who can weigh in? :) How careful do you have to be about where you buy from?

·
Banned
253 Posts
Greetings and welcome!

I am hardly an expert, but I have not personally encountered any “counterfeit” Phicen figures as yet. My concern would be whether or not the item that you have described is truly “new,” since the bodies are sold inclusive of two sets of genitals; they are factory-packaged that way (at least, to the best of my knowledge).

I would certainly be quite wary of any products that are missing parts but advertised as being in “new” condition, in any case.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Expert or no, I'm sure you know more than me. :)

The listing I was looking at does specify that it's never been opened, and also that genitals are not included. So I guess either 1) it really is unopened so the seller doesn't realise it comes with genitals? or 2) it's not new, or they're even taking them out to sell separately (this seller does have listings for the genitals individually).

I guess I should avoid this listing, even if it's by far the cheapest one I've found. Even if I don't care about the man parts I don't want to deal with a dishonest seller...

·
Registered
595 Posts
This may not answer our question, but many sellers (usually overseas) use keywords like Phicen in their auction headlines to attract clicks, even though the item they're offering is from a different manufacturer such as Jiaou Doll (buyer beware)...but I believe Jiaou Doll male figure also come with genitalia...so I don't know...

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
I have gotten most of the Phicens that I have from ebay at a fairly low price and haven't had many problems. I seriously doubt if there are any knock off
bodies, but like was mentioned, maybe some could be sold with missing parts. I haven't had that happen, but don't order anything
with a price too low to be true. I did that once and never received the body. But I did get my money back through ebay. I bought a lot of bodies from
sweetpig2012 (the number may have changed) at reasonably low prices and never had a problem. This is a seller from China so it can take a couple weeks.
There are other good sellers too.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
hmm....sounds like the seller is taking advantage of people, and trying to pass off the genitals as a separate accessory, which they are not supposed to be, as they were meant to be included in the release. if anything you should look elsewhere, as they no doubt had to open the box to remove them. i should know, as the m31 i bought included them inside the figure tray in the box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey all, thanks for the advice! I avoided the shady too-good-to-be-true listings.

I ended up buying my first figure, the M33, from Amazon Japan. I already had an account there and their prices were in line with what I was seeing from other reputable sellers. Also their duty-included shipping is always nice.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Then I get to figure out the puzzle of fitting a head onto it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.