One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered this figure (my first Modern figure in YEARS)
I have been considering getting alot of loose Brit. parts and the cost was cheaper to go the boxed route.
Anyone get this one and if so what are your likes dislikes?
What improvments could be made?

I got the figure today and I now know I've been out of this period way to long. I have no-Earthly-idea how his webbing goes. Yes its sad, a grown man not knowing how to dressing his.... ah you get me gist!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A good choice I think, he represents a Royal Marine in the early operations in Afghanistan. Good, youngish headsculpt. He's got a decent uniform (except he needs a shirt and or pullover of some sort under his parka/jacket), cloth suspension and pouches. Packing an L86 Light Support Weapon. I seem to remember someone saying the two large pouches might be wrong. They look like modular components off a ruck (Bergen). At least one refernce notes them being worn singularly (Assault Order) and two together (Combat Order).
You might consider getting a loose bbi 'Marine Allen' beret, which isn't molded like dml's. The beret badge should be blackened, I believe.

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
DML Roger is a nice set to start with
my only dislikes to the set is the molded beret
for improvements, u could add prr coms, Armoury CBA or DML CBA, and go with leather boots, add a respirator bag
and change out the molded DML beret like pd mentioned
you could also add a helmet in arrid DPM or temperate DPM

here's an example bash from "lucas" minus the DPM smock

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49575&highlight=Roger
check out the archives for more bashing ideas

·
Registered
476 Posts
He's a nice figure but if you want to mod him I would say: swap the pouches for DML's newish ones (IMHO three utility pouches looks better), if you want to keep him accurate to Op. Veritas keep the DPM parka as the RM favored them in the Afghan mountains, swap the beret for a banjoman one fromm ebay as the others said, blacken the badge with bronze highlights. Add either a sniper veil or a shemagh, a DPM resperator case and a PRR (personal role radio) and perhaps some goggles. I loved his sculpt because he looks like a friend of mine :p as for the weapon if you wanted an L-85a1 or even an M16a2.

Well thats my recomedations, and it makes me want to do another Op. Veritas bash :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DML Roger

This is why I'm really like it around here. I ask a question --I GET ANSWERS!!
I often feel like I'm speakin another language elsewhere.
I'm probably going to do a "future" bash. I pretty much plan to do the Killzone ISA soldier I had a post on earlier.

Has anyone used a grenade launcher or shotgun attached to the L86? Also can the rear grip be postioned forward?
As for pouches I have some multi-cam assault vest coming and will toy with the ammo pouches once I get it.
If anyone is looking for parts and peices lmk I doubt I'll use all his gear/uni.
Much thanks and great looking pictures of the figure All Mighty One
Hang in there RogerBee, I am still gonna finish this one!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Boogieman said:
Has anyone used a grenade launcher or shotgun attached to the L86? Also can the rear grip be postioned forward?
I saw a video of the RM and part of it was a tour of a junior officer in Afghanistan, one of the SGT's from 42 Cdo had the grip from the LSW on his hand grip for his L-85 (not L-86) but it's basically the same grip just the LSW's is shorter and a bit fatter so it might be possible anyone know?

This pic shows a member of 40 Cdo on patrol in Afgan this year with what looks to be the grip on his Minimi! so again the LSW might be able to, but TBH i would say yes on moving the grip

But it might just be a piece of scenery :rolleyes

As for the GL: not on the L-86 but yes for the L-85, shotguns are a definite no.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DML Roger,

Thanks Badger, Your 411 is most helpful. Great picture reference. Looks like a GL on the weapon in the foreground.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,121 Posts
I think the Modern Brit figs from Dragon are pretty good. all could use a good upating, but have good gear. Some of those Armoury accessory sets are good too. If you are doing a future Brit or a custom I say go for a shot gun on the L85/85. That would look cool. Won't be accurate, but it will look cool if it's done right.

·
OSW Trade Police (Retired)
11,749 Posts
Since the SA-80 family is a "weapons system", it has a Designated Marksman Rifle (formally known as the Light Support Weapon) in the L86a2, a rifle also formally known as an Individual Weapon in the L85a2, a "carbine" with a shorter barrel and the L86 forend, and a compact "tanker" version with a vertical forend.

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts