One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Another Nam bash for you. I'd always wanted DML's Ron since I first saw him way back in 2002, and it's taken me till now to track him down. As the years hadn't been kind to poor old Ron, I decided to freshen him up a bit.

The major thing he needed was a repaint, the 'pissed off Fred Flintstone' look just wasn't going to cut it, so, I made him a bit more subtle. Along the way I gave him a new body and weathered his gear a bit:

The body is a bit more special than the normal Neo as I put feet and ankle cups from a Bollywood Legends figure on it. I'd knackered the Bollywood body and previously broke the foot off the Neo, so, a Frankenstein job was in order.
It was pretty straightforward really, just sawed the feet off both bodies and put the Bollywood feet onto the Neo Legs. To make things a bit more secure I sealed the joint with Milliput.

Here's some WIP's:

Back to Ron and his parts:

HS, Gear & Weapon: DML Ron Nam MACV-SOG

Body: DML Norman White with Bollywood Legends ankles and feet

Hands: BBI Otto Schulz (The original Adam hands were awful!)

Hope you like him

CHEERS!

PS (The bandana is a tie off a cushion cover!)

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

If the weather holds long enough, I may do some outdoor shots. I'm not guaranteeing anything though.

The one thing about Ron that I really like is his cool weapon. I'm sure this is a DML one-off as I've never seen it re-used.

CHEERS!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I really like the modification you did to the DML body. Very good ideal. I like to use it to update my Ron even more. Seem pretty straight forward. However, can you provide any instructions? BTW, here is my Ron so far.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a great looking Ron,

Which gaiters are those, they work really well. I left mine off as I thought they'd restrict the movement of his feet. I tried and tried to tie his doo rag but gave up and went for the bandana look instead.

The foot mod is quite simple and could be done with HT and BBI ankles as well. You just saw off the existing ankle joints of both figures and swap them over. A bit of filing or sanding might be necessary to ensure a flush fit. I think I filled in the peg holes on the Neo with superglue and sanded the end flat. I reinforced the joins with milliput and the result stands for itself. That said you could just swap the whole body for a Truetype.

CHEERS!

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Wow Roger he looks really fantastic!! I love the hs repaint, he looks much better and i love the detail of his face ur repaint shows, really great job there! Also love that ankle mod, very nicely done. As u know i have a reworked ROn as well but used another hs for mine tho he is a brilliant hs, specially with your repaint. Stall Stuffs Ron is looking great too, maybe later i can get around to posting mine as well.
Great job ROger he looks superb and is one of my all time fav dml figs :thumb

Cheers!
-mike-

·
Registered
309 Posts
Rogerbee, Stall Stuff:

Great Ron's!

Questions for Stall Stuff:

1. How did you blouse his trousers?
2. What leggings did you use and how the heck did you get them to look so great?
3. What jungle boots did you use? Do anything special to the boots?

Great work, guys

Thanks

Jack

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Fine re-working rogerbee. That's a major improvement that I think might get all the remaining Rons bought up. Well done.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
That's a cracking job, Roger, and I really like the repaint.

One tip for STABO rigs - the leg/groin straps weren't fastened until immediately before an extraction - you can imagine what it would be like to have them fastened when humping in the boonies in tropical heat/humidity!

From WIki:

To ready a STABO harness for rope extraction, the two leg straps (normally folded and stowed during ground operations (secured by utility tape or rubber bands)) were freed from the back of the harness, routed up between the legs, and each leg strap was then snapped onto a V ring, with one mounted on each lower front waist of the harness. A standard issue LBE pistol belt was laced through the center sections of the rig, and fastened around the operator's waist, which served as the main closure device for the overall rig on the operator.

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Hi Roger
that is the body that I always use as they are CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP. I remember you asking what body I had used and that's the one! I like the movement you've added to the ankle and feet.

·
Urr.
622 Posts
Great job on both Rons.

...One tip for STABO rigs - the leg/groin straps weren't fastened until immediately before an extraction - you can imagine what it would be like to have them fastened when humping in the boonies in tropical heat/humidity!
I just figured that's why he had such a pissed off expression on his face. :lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts