One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much better is the neo 3 than the 1? I've seen the MD review, but I need some better opinions/ pictures...

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I purchased one nude figure to compare it to Blue Box, G3.5 (BBi); Hot Toys, True Type 38 (HT); Barracks Sergeants, Bravo (BS); and A.C.E. Man MK1 (ACE), figures. So, here is what I have observed. The figure stands about 11 and ¾ inches high. Not quite a full 12 inches.

Neck Post:
DML seems to be still using the same neck joint to support the head sculpt connection to the body. Therefore, there is no real improved movement in positioning the head to support various firing/shooting positions. I did notice a bit better downward movement of the head forward when the figure is looking down however, none, aft. So there is still a problem with a good prone position using the DML figure even when hyper extending the chest cavity back. It is not even close to what you find with the ACE Man MK1. However, it is much better then earlier Adam and Neo figures.

Chest:
Pretty much the same configuration. However, I will add the chest is more muscular and highly defined as is the abs section. But it is not to the extent that you find with a BBi 3.5 body. It is also a bit narrower to allow for the changes made to the shoulders and arms. The chest area is now somewhat similar to ACE, BS and HT figures, which is a flatted configuration, which also allows the arms to align against the body better. DML figures still support a narrow waist, hips, and a small bubble butt.

Shoulders/Mid Section:
DML now have a similar configuration as ACE, BBi, BS, and HT that allows the figure to cross arms in a more natural movement. The arms can now fit flat against the chest. The new shoulder configuration also gives the figure a look of being very broad shoulder.

Arms/Elbows:
New joint at the elbow provides better articulation and movement in line with the improve shoulder mechanism. Arms are a bit more defined in the bicep and triceps. However, the figure’s forearm still cannot touch its bicep.

Wrist/Hands:
DML Still uses the same configuration and not a ball joint arrangement that does allow for lateral movement of the wrist. DML’s current configuration only supports a forward/aft movement on the wrist and hands.

Legs/Knees:
Legs have a different knee joint and the area behind the calf and thigh is modified to support a full bending/squatting position like you find in the ACE, BS, and HT figures. The thigh of the figure is much larger and more muscular. There is much more thickness to the top of the leg which is more natural to most human forms. DML is using a different knee joint that allows for better support for kneeling and squatting. The figure is now better capable of assuming an un-supported squatting position. The lower leg and calf seem to have the same configuration as the NEO body. Except for the modification stated above.

Ankle:
DML is still using the same foot/ankle/lower leg connection configuration which does not allow for a natural lateral movement (Left/Right) of the ankle that you find with ACE, BBi, BS, and HT. There is a little bit of play in the ankle that allows for a limited 30 degree lateral inward shift or movement. However, it is nothing to get excited about.

Feet:
Same-old, same-old

Hopes that helps
T. R.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I was pleasantly surprise when Dave70b told me the neck can be extended by pulling up on it. That helps considerably, and might be aided by some careful surgery.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the info

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Word of warning though, do NOT what ever you do saw the neckpost if you want to fit a resin head. The necks are not sprung like Neo's were, if you saw the top off the neckpost, the neck goes floppy thus rendering it useless. Some resin custom heads aren't drilled like Frontline ones, so either ask the seller if they'll drill the neck for you, drill it yourself if you can or just use a Neo for the bash.

I wouldn't want any of you to ruin a perfectly good body

CHEERS!

PS (Some other issues: Tom Grieger can have floppy arms, Serge Bernier can have a loose torso but Hap Daley is good throughout. They're the only ones I've seen so far, others may be better.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.