One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions regarding the DML BDUs with the name strips Anderson and STONE. Are the uniforms the same? From what I can tell they are. Also, I know that they come with the patches already glued on however I'm not sure if (or which one) has the 101st patch while the other has the Ranger scroll. Any help or info regarding these uniforms is appreciated.

THanks guys.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Anderson is from DLM's 101st "Kevin Anderson" figure. The other seems to be from one of DML's Ranger figures-- which would mean that they are indeed the same uniform.

The rip-stop is a bit thicker on the Anderson uniform, though. They perfected it a little more on the Ranger ones.

If you were making a choice of which to buy-- and the unit patches weren't part of the reason you purchase-- I'd go with the Ranger (Stone) uniform.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then Stone it is. Thanks for the help GrenadierStinny. On the subject of patches, from what I've seen on both the Stone and Anderson uniforms, the unit/division patches look great while on the other hand the name and service strips look pretty bad. Since seeing the two (but not knowing which name belonged to which unit) I've tried to find similar 101st and Ranger type cloth patches that did indeed look like cloth. I know I've beatin' this issue up on this and other forums but finding the "thicker" patches (that look right) is something I haven't been able to do. I've found some thinner iron-ons that are pretty nice but again the thicker cloth-type have (for me anyway) been difficult if not impossible to find. Any help here is appreciated.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks hqpham. I did some more looking around and it was indeed the Nash figure that had the ranger patches. If there was a way to get the patches only, I'm sure I could pick up the uniform at most one-sixth e-tailers.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
i made a mistake..I got 2 of the Ranger figures mixed up..it's Phil Gordon and Larry Nash..not sure where I got Rob from? hehe What patches are you looking for? I have some I made I can send you..I have some Ranger ones too i believe..just let me know what patch arrangement/color you are looking for.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before I continue thanks for the help! As for patch types, the thicker patch types that are included in figures such as the DID Ricky Foster or DML Danny figures. BBI has a WWII 101st Airborne figure that also has the thicker cloth patches as well. As for what specific patch types I'm looking for, currently any ranger tab/scroll combination (in any color - I'll take what I can get). I haven't seen any similar (again thicker) cloth type patches for anything other than the 82nd/101st and Ranger patch sets however I'd be interested in any other one's that might be out there.

Again guys, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the Uniform - DML provides several woodland uniform types for the Anderson/Stone/Nash/Kelly figures. Most of what I've seen are the "rip-stop" however there was one that had the same woodland pattern, uniform and four-pocket configuration and the tie-blouse at the end of the pants. The one difference was the cloth. While the others again had the checkered rip-stop, this cloth was best described as "smooth". This was perhaps the closest I've seen to the BDU fabric on 1:1 uniforms (IMO). Are these uniform types simply described as "non-rip-stop" or is this simply an older pre-rip-stop uniform?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.