One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Temp. retired from 1/6
753 Posts
If you're planning to get it, go ahead, but Alden might need a bit of kit-up to 'modernize' him to today's 1/6 standard. If you personally feel that molded pouches are outdated or ugly, then you should try to replace em' with cloth pouches. You may want to ditch DML's M16A3 and go for newer M16/M4 rifles from Hot Toys. Everything else is up to you: extra pouches for the Interceptor vest? A backpack/hydration pack? Drop-down holster?

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Go for it. When you consider the time-line for the figure (Iraqi Freedom 2003) he is right on. As for the MARPAT, he is in the 1st generation, which faded a lot. I do have pictures of USMC personnel with that MARPAT faded uniform. DML Kevlar helmets are a poor design. However, I hate to talk down on the figure. Just remember, the figure is 4 years old and there has been a lot of new and wonderful gear that has come out in 1:6th scale that could enhance the presentation of Alden dramatically. And that is the fun of the hobby!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I think he's a good figure for his time, and with a little bit of work he'd be just as great as your figure of Dim.
As Stall said he's a good representation of that time and he's armed with [for me] the much coveted M16A4, the only one made by any of the detail oriented manufacturers.
The Marpat cammies can be dyed with earl grey tea overnight and look pretty good as seen on Eagle_MP's bash: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33482

As noted, I'd swap out the molded TA-50 gear for cloth ones on preference of the latter, as well as a new pasgt to cover.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks guys your help is worth everything:banana
Sounds like i might buy this figure but yea those plastic parts need
replacing. The only thing holding me back is the price, 55euro is
what i would have to spend when i can get the HT marine SAW gunner
for 95 dollars.... Well thanx for the help it is very appreciated :hyper

·
Will Design For 1:6
1,385 Posts
i have him a few years ago..i agree with them, the bdu needs to be redone in some extent..the helmet is awful..he is better of with the gasmask on..but the other accesories i can live with..so far for me he is 7 out of 10

here he is loose, hope it helps you decide:

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.