One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The headsculpt reminds me of some of my older figures which dovetails nicely with another thread posted here. I still have them all and will add this guy as well. I like the overall look of the figure. At this point, a lot of WW2 is rehash but not if you are a newer buyer.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Among the multitudinous WW2 Germans, not a bad looking figure, if this pic isn't over-retouched. A lot of late-war "no frills" uniform components. The boots even look halfway decent.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I suppose he'll turn up eventually, but my distributor is getting worse and worse at getting new stuff. Bryan Gilkinson never showed at all. I think the Stuka pilot was the last new one I saw.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
626 Posts
they're only putting out what people buy. when you guys start your own company you can make whatever flits your fancy... but WWII germans flit the fancy of a much larger audience... asians love nazi's... hell they even dress up like them for fun. at least it's a heer figure. and not yet another waffen ss guy... though i do like the SS tankers

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
jonbondave-do asians really buy a lot of nazi figures? if so thats really weird. any idea why? I always just assumed the board at DML just had a weird nazi fascination. It just seems stupid to me, if they made more Nam or other figures, theyd be HUGE in the US.

·
Registered
626 Posts
yea irish joe, but nazi figures are huge here too. americans assume the market for 1/6 is geared towards them but in reality it is geared towards the asian market. and yes, they do love nazi germany. why else would two out of the large three(DML, DiD, and hot toys) produce mostly german figures? it's because they sell, all these companies want to stay in business so don't you figure they do a little research, or maybe have some experience with which of their products sell the most? not just here, but the whole world over. Hot toys can survive and even thrive doing what they do, but the price point is ALOT different. DML germans are 35 to 50 dollars.. did germans are 45 to 60 dollars and hot toys modern figures are 95 to 115 dollars at retail, but produced in much smaller quantities... in fact if you go to a hobby shop, I'd say 70% of models in general are geared towards WWII german designs, it's been that way for years... since the first time I hit the hobby store when i was 5 I can remember all the tiger tanks and fockwulf aircraft. 1/35 scale model figures = mostly german, not just for DML but also tamiya and other smaller companies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.