One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've never found a 1/6th scrim scarf that I liked, so I made my own today.

Take some gauze bandage - the sort with an open weave. and some fabric paint (ignore the Buttermilk one - no idea why ot's there!). Paint it on an absorbent backing, and pat dry when you've finished. You may well need to turn it over to fill in a few odd spots that were missed on the back.

Done! Here it is on an original. (This one is certainly from the 1960's, it may even be older). My 1/6th version green is slightly greener than the original, but the original's been washed a few times so it's probably faded a bit.

And on Pte. '******' Baines (I haven't been able to find his first name) the only black soldier in 2 Oxf & Bucks LI, and one of only 2 Black British soldiers to land on D-Day. He was in 'D' Coy and served in the Company's 3 inch Mortar Section (handcart) which joined the rest of the regiment under Operation Mallard.

CAVEAT - the bandage isn't hemmed. so threads will come of. This isn't a problem if the scarf is on a figure as above. but if you want to use is to cover a rucksack for instance, it will look a bit raggy.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very fine DIY.

Well done, sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts