One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mini chet
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a display case for a figure I am about to bash together with a diorama. The base need to be kinda big, but not huge. Basically, I need it big enough for a figure in the prone + a rifle, and about 12" high. Looking for something kind of elegant...so something with wood would be awsome. Glass or acylic plexi-glass for side windows would be a plus, but is optional. Also would love for it to have a light on the top, shining down onto the figure and diorama. If anyone can help me out, then it would be legendary awsomness.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I know a few people here have purchased these things called "Detolf" cabinets from Ikea. They are like big glass shelves, and are enclosed by glass windows. Its perfect man. In fact, I have been prowling Ikea's trying to find one with no luck, but I suspect it is a regional thing. The only Ikea near me is across the street from the Mall of America, so the foot traffic is insane and everything goes super fast. I think it would be great for your needs as well. Hmm, maybe Ikea should give me a part time job selling these things, haha.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You could have one custom-built :)

There was also a thread in our local forum that advises that a 50 or 75 gallon fishtank is a good alternative, especially good with dios :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
quick and dirty display case, like you have pictured above...

six picture frames with glass

5 small piano hinges OR some small square wood stock from the hardware store.

miter saw...

drill

screws or glue

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Costs too much. I think I might be able to build one with some hard board, moldings and come extra materials.
I just looked some up on the net and you are correct. Those are insanely expensive. Come out to California and I'll give you a great price on the one I have in a box in my garage. :goodluck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts