One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, which company makes the best ACU uniforms? The debate between bbi and TS-- and now Soldier Story-- rages on. But, after seeing this pic, I'm begining it's all just a matter of opinion and preference.

Take a look at this pic of a nice clean uniform worn with a dirty as hell vest and helmet.

If your unifom looks too clean for your ACU bash, well then, that's why god created Tamiya "BUFF"!

Debate on....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Personally I don`t see why people get bent outta shape on a particular camo shade.
After all look at any camo uniform,they come in so many shades as there tends to be more than one factory making the uniforms & that also varying degree`s of care/wear also takes it`s toll on the camo.

The ACUs are still relativly new though look at Woodland BDU photos & the mass amount of varying shades that you see the troops in. Tops & pants that technically don`t match with the same shades.

So having several ACUs of various shade differences isn`t a bad thing at all & helps the collector,moreso those unwilling to paint,add mud,etc to dirty them up.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
panzerjaeger said:
Personally I don`t see why people get bent outta shape on a particular camo shade...
Good point. My dad has an ACU set, and the trousers are a different shade than the coat. When making any bash, a little bit of variety is good. When making thousands or millions of uniforms, it's not going to be easy to get all them to match perfectly

·
Büchsenmacher
3,206 Posts
Good Topic GS....I´ve seen quite a few Soldiers with ACU´s....and believe it or not...not every ACU looked the same. Color differences from grey to green and back around again....I´ve even seen pinkish looking ACU`s.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
SSG Felder said:
Good Topic GS....I´ve seen quite a few Soldiers with ACU´s....and believe it or not...not every ACU looked the same. Color differences from grey to green and back around again....I´ve even seen pinkish looking ACU`s.....
This is because there are actually about 7 different generationsl of the ACU's ACU's started to be issued about the time I attended Basic and AIT in 2006 I went in March and was told by the Drill Sgt. that ours were actually Gen. 4 issued our uniforms differed from our Drill Sgt's and when I got back to my unit and other guys started coming back I noticed other soldiers uniforms had a different shade and the velcro material was a totally differnt colour, in reality a platoon could have up to 7 different shades of ACU's and this just depends on when the soldier was issued it, so the whole debate is kind of silly because our 1:1 uniforms differ from soldier to soldier, hope this helps add some insight in the debate, I myself like the BBI and TS, I have not yet seen the SS one up close but from pics it looks like the most recent Generation. :thumb

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
the camo looks really nice one its filthy doesnt it? i didnt really like the color tone of clean ACU but check out that vest, that smoky grey digital camo is nice and looks more "camouflaged" than his BDU

·
Registered
601 Posts
My guess is that the uniforms made in China have more lead than those "Hecho en Mexico" (made in Mexico) hence the difference in color.

Ok, Ok, calm down. Just kidding. As for the variety, the one thing I like the most about the unforms over the past 8-10 years is the variety. With pastels I've been able to take dissimilar uniforms and make them match. No pastels? Run your hand along the side of your car (and no I'm not kidding). 400 grit sandpaper and some road-scum was what I used on my earlier German soldiers and they are perhaps some the the best looking bashes I've put together. These however never made it inside the house and are the "bad guys" that get tossed around the backyard.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Hollowpoint said:
I like it all. Dirty, clean, it's all good.
You mean ACU.....right?

Serious or silly, with the size of the herd here, we'll always have differing opinions on stuff. It can be a bit confusing but also helpful, like when Stinny has a flash of sudden enlightenment. A lot of us have talked about clean and dirty/worn ACUs, but that pic says it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.