One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so i finally have something i feel like sharing. Its still a WIP, and it doesnt really serve a purpose yet. First, i know its far from beeing perfect, but its my first attempt at a project of this size.
I built it because of three reasons, i got most of the wood for free (didnt feel like throwing it away when i came across it at work), felt like building something, do something with my Grandpa again (he was a very enthusiatic scratchbuilder, WW2 Battleships in 1/200, just used the blueprints, but had to stop after a stroke and his motoric skills arent what they used to be when it comes to such small scales)

Ok now enough talk:

To do:
- Finish the floorboards (right now roughly 200 done, approx. 150 to go)
- Attach Doors correctly (fill gaps, etcpp, just put them in to show the style
- Add lights

So what i need help with, the Setting and What to do with the Walls

Any ideas and opinions?
Maybe some kind of haunted house/resident evil style room, with spiderwebs and stuff like that?

And the walls? Wallpapers? Add a thick layer of grey color and then add wallpapers and make them look old/torn?

Im all ears, nothing to crazy. I should add, i mostly have modern US Figures, but could easily built SWAT, Civilians. But i wouldnt mind getting 1-2 WW2 Figures if that helps :D

thanks
holger / palaboon

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
If you wanted you could fairly easily turn that into a patrol base or combat outpost or an insurgent hideout being raided/ied efp cache being found dio, which I think may better complement your current collection better.
You could even go all out and, if you so chose to, cut a couple of large, ornate barred windows out on the right side and establish another dimension for it.

Your Grandfather's skills sound amazing, I'm glad you could connect with him and share time together on this project.

I rather like your ideas on the spooky RE/worn out place though, sounds atmospheric and cool. It could even open you up to a new genre of figures if you so wish it.

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill post some pics of his warships tomorrow if people are interested.

And regarding the dio, well its always good to have an excuse to buy more figures, right ;) ?

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some updates, floorboards done so far. Added the Ceiling struts just to see how they look, looks pretty good i think depending on the light source:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weather the walls a bit, add some spidery webby type look, color wash the floorboards dark and sand down the high-traffic areas.

Me, I'd leave the door exactly as-is. Toss some straw around the place, stack tools, etc. Scratchbuild a pegrack for hanging harness on, and add a support post in the center with a lantern hanging on it (make this post removable, in case you want to use this as a hiding place for a sexy sports-car under a tarp).

Voila, a stone barn that can work for everything from Medieval to current. Bond to Bosnia.

Or,....

..make it a church.

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks LG, alot good ideas. Somehow i particulary dig the Church Idea. Ill post some updates when i got something done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts