One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dio- "Take Care Of My Men"
Sepp Dietrich in Normandy, 1944

About a year ago, I made a special display at home and got many of my vehicles out of their storage area. I had a group of wounded SS that had not used or photographed and decided to place them in the three color camo Horch, as part of the display. I had not had the chance to get them out in the sun since then until last weekend. Used some figures from my SS in Normandy inventory. Also added a couple of the officer figures from my HJ officer group.
Dietrich is talking to SS-Obersturmbannführer Dr. Rolf Schulz( Abteilung Commander
SS-Sanitatsabteilung 12; 12.SS Pz Division "Hitlerjugend") and to Dietrich's left is SS-Sturmbahnnfuhrer Hans Waldmuller (Commander I./SS-Pz Gren Rgt. 25 ;12.SS-Pz Division "Hitlerjugend")
Vehicles all have been seen before DML SS Kettenkrad, Toy Metal BMW and Zundapp, Taowan Horch, Mardon Callanta 251 with RTT links and driver wheel and a DML Kubel.

·
das sage ich nicht!
1,424 Posts
Great stuff! with the good weather coming in can we expect some more wonderful dio's from you?
really get a sense of how big the Horch is!
thanks for sharing! going to post a link to this tread in my Facebook Axis group if that's okay?
anyone is welcome to join!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
No problem with the link.
It had been VERY dry here. Best time of the year here (dry) is February to May.
Now we get A LOT more rain. But the yard needed the rain BADLY.
Now maybe my battle against the "dreaded white fly" can have a chance. When it rains very little, nothing grown much.

Thanks again for the positive comments.

·
das sage ich nicht!
1,424 Posts
Thanks!
No problem with the link.
It had been VERY dry here. Best time of the year here (dry) is February to May.
Now we get A LOT more rain. But the yard needed the rain BADLY.
Now maybe my battle against the "dreaded white fly" can have a chance. When it rains very little, nothing grown much.

Thanks again for the positive comments.
Thank you, my pleasure!
here is a link to my FB group;
https://m.facebook.com/groups/47971...k&id=641851639237140&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Not only is the detail gone into with the Figures and Vehicles amazing but the fact you have a back story behind what we are looking at is very cool.Real feast for the eyes,just superb!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Love it, so much to see and great details everywhere

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Brilliant...

>>>

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I keep coming back to this one, lots of emotion in the sculpts (great choices), beautiful photography as always and killer work on the vehicles and figures but I can almost see in the 1/6 plastic the resignation of the wounded and the determination of those still in the fight....
superb outdoor shoot, one of your best

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! Much appreciate all the feedback.
As usual I took some images as soon as I set up(you never know if it is going to start raining unexpectedly!), which was bright sunlight. But it was early enough (8:30a) that the light was soft. I then waited for some clouds as I prefer that light with less contrast. On this case I tok many images, some with a cloud covering the sun and others with the sun directly and liked both groups. Some of the images were not duplicated, so here I used some of both groups. If you want to see more images of this set up, you can check out this link:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24549105

It is the first time I tried the super low angle and angled up to the figures, taking the image blind and these turned out much better than I expected.

Thanks again for the comments and I'm glad you enjoyed this set up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts