Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dio- "Sturmhaubizte Vor!"

Sturmhaubitze 42 Sd.Kfz. 142/2
1st Battery, Stug Brigade 341
Brecey, Normandy, France
July 26 1944

Here an outdoor set up of my recently posted Sturmhaubitze 42 getting some more ammo as the unit coordinates an attempt to block the American advances in the Brecey/Avranches area at the end of July 1944

For those who prefer black and white images. I prefer color as if it looks good in color it will no doubt look good in black and white, but the opposite is not necessarily the case!

The walls and posts on the background are the amazing pieces by Doug Blackwell.
Besides the StuH42, for this scene I used some of previously posted vehicles and figures.
The vehicles are:
-Mardon Callanta 250/9 with AH running gear
-Mardon Callanta 251 with RTT running gear and track links
-Toy Model BMW R75 motorcycle
-DML Kubel
-DeSimone Opel Blitz
-Maultier that I got second hand from Panzerwerks and I do not recall who built it(maybe OSB Locust?)
The figures include a dress down crew of the StuH42, some previous Stug crew, panzer dress down figures and other generic figures. Finally used some of the 1944 panzergrenadiers I put together last year.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Beautiful staging and photography. Maybe the scene needs an angry senior NCO, to get that reloading done more "hubba hubba", before some Jabos show up.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You're a troublemaker Eduardo. A real troublemaker! I have some work that needs to be done. But while taking a break I stopped by OSW and that's when it happened. I'm guessing about 2/3rds of the way through the pics here the work piled up on the table in the other room got pushed aside and into the garage I went. Out came the bins labeled "Post St Lo" and here I am for the rest of the night...

....and for that, I thank you.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jajaja!
Mission accomplished then!

Thanks for all the great comments.
There is an NCO, the guy on the Maultier with the splinter kombi, but he seems satisfied with the liading process! They are all under some nig trees and it is overcast, so they feel safe...
Many have commented on the structure and it was a hit to mive it in front if the tree line. That structure is always there covering/hidding a transformer. My electric generator, which was always invisible , now looks like a barn behind the trees! The hedge has thinned badly over the kast 8 years. That is why I'm planting a new line... Hopefully in 8 years or so the old line will go, but before that I will have a very interesting covered road...
Man I love this hobby!!!

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Eduardo, always love your photo shoots. You have the knack for capturing that "moment in time" on the large scale. It is very difficult to put life into such a large project, you have the eye for detail, posing and photography skills that make them real................Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts