One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News from DID. They have decided not to make those translucent flesh tone color head sculpts that we have found on two of there latest releases, Stiner and Guderian. Effective with their next release, I believe a German, they will be replaced with their previous released head sculpts.

Any opinions?

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
DID new headsculpts sucked good thing they change.
I have to differ, the sculpt of the Brit Paratrooper is actually pretty cool. While it doesn't seem to photograph well, in person it's much better looking, and IMO is reminiscent of BBi's heads. The synthetic hair heads are both pretty cool, and I like the fact that neither was given "movie star" looks.

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
With one or two exceptions, i've liked most of the previous DiD sculpts and think some are superb.
I agree, there have been some very good DiD sculpts. It's nice to see expressions (even though they fail on the teeth sometimes) and the faces aren't all pretty boy model types like most of DML's (I like when they branch out to regular looking people on occasion too).

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I like DID head sculpts for the most part. I haven't gotten Steiner or Guderian yet so I am at a loss here and a little worried. I did see the Steiner figur at a show but did not look closely enough through the package. David Merrill looked zombie like but I like the regular guy look on most of the other figures. Also I give them kudos for the realistic hair heads. Sometimes I like them, sometimes not but they always try.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
I like the realistic hair heads as well. Some of them don't look that great but IMO some are very good. The Tim Becker one below is one of my favorites.

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Don't think I've seen the flesh-escent sculpts, so no call there. I think DiD's responsible for some of the odder as well as better sculpts out there, the last few years. got quite a few of them for their tough, non-celebrity looks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have Stiner and he is hard to get used to. I just like the fact that DiD is trying new ideas. While uniforms and equipment have greatly improved in this hobby, the basic bodies and headsculpts haven't evolved very much. And I just can't stand the boring DML headsulpts any more.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have Stiner and he is hard to get used to. I just like the fact that DiD is trying new ideas. While uniforms and equipment have greatly improved in this hobby, the basic bodies and headsculpts haven't evolved very much. And I just can't stand the boring DML headsulpts any more.
Zombie, can you elaborate more on how the Stiner headsculpt is hard to get used to? Thanks! Also, DiD has a new German MP on their web site and he has a really interesting sculpt. Looks a little like Spike from Angel.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Zombie, can you elaborate more on how the Stiner headsculpt is hard to get used to? Thanks!

The translucent skin tone looks so different from any other head sculpt that he won't fit with any other figures in your collection. It's sort of like Medicom figures don't fit well with other figures because they are slightly smaller.They are good figures but don't fit well in the standard 1/6 world. The DiD translucent headsculpt really has to be seen in person to make a judgment.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Wow! Thanks Zombie. I do agree certain brands and manufacturing techniques do not display well together. I will look at one of these more closely the next time I am at a show. So a Stiner is going to look different when next to a Ricky Foster, Charles Winstone, etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.