One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WWII fans check this out! YO mang its huge! The German Halftrack. I'm not really a WWII guy, but this is just plain impressive.

http://www.onlinedid.com/products/wwii/60030/

Saw an ebay seller, and Cotswold taking orders already.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70696&highlight=Sd.Kfz+251+Ausf

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DID-Sd-Kfz-251-A...6453403QQihZ024QQcategoryZ27294QQcmdZViewItem

Price is crazy expensive for me, but someone else may accept this price for something like this. $900+ is big bucks, but it holds 11 figures, and appears to be fairly well detailed. Comes in half a dozen different colour options as well.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The drivers area and instrumentation are pretty plain in the real vehicle. They were going for function and survivability, in a vehicle that would travel into the fight alongside the tanks. If I were a rich man (Fiddler On The Roof soundtrack in background), I'd have a few of these, as well as the big FAMO that's supposed to be out there.

Interestingly, DML talks smack on it's website -

...but as the philosopher Animal Mother would put it...

I say drive on, DiD. Too busy doing it, no time for smack talk, they'll let their product speak.

·
Registered
886 Posts
cdn_rhino,

This is OLD news, mate.

The DID sd.kfz is a VERY disappointing item with inaccurate scales. You'd be better off by waiting for Dragon's forthcoming release of their SD.KFZ version as it'll be MUCH better than DID

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Yeah, I talked to Tommy at Tommy's Toys and he filled me in on how tough that item is for retailers cause it puts em at pretty big risk on any that dont sell and the commitment is huge. I think the truck looks awesome, but I cant imagine alot will sell. You see em these days practically throwing that Kettenkrad at you trying to get the sale.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
I dont collect WW2 but if i had the disposable cash, id get one right away. It would be one hell of cool Villain/PostApocalyptic/Zombie Vehicle.

The Kettenkrad is just not armored enough

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The instruments look like decals. Seems cheap. Seems to me that DID won this race, and unless Dragons' is WAAAAY better, they are going to have a tough time competing.

Niall33 - At least Dragon is still making some 1/6, but where is theirs? DID is taking orders, and unless there is a serious scale, and detail issue, they are going to lose out to DID in sales. And how much more will the DML one cost? Im not denying DML making great stuff, more than half of my 1/6 is Dragon, but they need to get into the ring quick on this one, or show a superior product at a close price.

·
High Speed Recon Mech
732 Posts
You might want to read all the reviews and the "rework" threads about these over in the 6D and the SAG, and indeed there are some very mixed feelings about these. Just do a search in either, using "DiD 251", and the threads will pop up aplenty.

Lots of reports of some having lots of damage in delivery, others look like they arrived just fine.

It's supposed to be the "C" version, but there are some serious problems with how the rear end is shaped on this one to hold that claim. Not very close to being a "D" model either, some even argue it looks like a "post war" version used by other Countries.

It's a LOT of money to spend, some are happy, some others are very much not. IMHO, if you are looking for hardcore accuracy, you might not be happy here, and unless you don't mind cutting up and doing a lot of rework to an expensive piece, again, this one may not be for you.

Ya makes your choices, ya lays your money down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts