One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vasily Zaytsev, a Soviet legendary sniper during WWII, who killed 225 enemy soldiers in Battle of Stalingrad. What is more import, he took down the German sniper school director Major Erwin Konig, which made him a hero of Soviet Union.
It was November 1942 in Stalingrad, the handsome guy wore ushanka and telogreika jacket to keep himself warm, while Plash-Palatka could prevent him from getting wet. His best partner his best partner was a Mosin-Nagant M1891/30. With it, Vasily shot with unfailing accuracy.
Ten years later, a new Vasily is released, with remarkable improvements on headsculpt, SSH-40 helmet, Ushanka, Plash-Palatka, M1891/30 and genuine leather boots and ammo pouches.
If you missed him in 2009, don't make the same mistake in 2019.
Vasily's enemy Erwin König is on the way. Those who order and pay for both items will get a free headsculpt. Stay tuned.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
The figure figures does look good and I hadn't realized that the original came out 10 years ago. Still, while the sculpt is nice this would have been an excellent opportunity to use a sculpt based on the real likeness of Vasily Zaytsev. I'm not a particular fan of celebrity likenesses and while Zaytsev probably wouldn't be considered a particularly handsome man (which is often the case with real life heroes), I would rather see him than an actor that portrayed him in a movie. Also, by almost all accounts, Erwin König the German super sniper did not exist. He was a fabrication of Soviet propaganda.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Aimee, EXCELLENT!! Outstanding. Doesn't matter how long ago the movie was out, because the actual time period was over 70 years ago! Still you have captured the impression so well!
If I were to do anything to make it even more realistic, add alittle dirt! Even the movie shows them as not the cleanest. Try to put yourself in that place and time. I would hate to have to do that, because I'm a clean freak!
But even with my project, it's going to have to show some dirt. Everything else is spot on! Now you need to add one of the female snipers, just remember the dirt!

·
Obersturmbannführer
1,046 Posts
I'm not a particular fan of celebrity likenesses and while Zaytsev probably wouldn't be considered a particularly handsome man (which is often the case with real life heroes), I would rather see him than an actor that portrayed him in a movie.
+100500

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Maybe I'll get some parts to update mine, but he head sculpt will come from HT's figure. Much better likeness to Jude Law.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Back in the day . . .

·
i draw pictures.....
2,041 Posts
alot of zaitsev's story doesn't add up. much of it conjured up by propaganda. Loved the movie but i don't see anything new here for me to buy this or the fictitious Konig, which is sure to come after this. meh.

peace
Miguel

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Who would have thought back in the day that nowadays the price of one figure could have been enough for the price of the two figure set from DML and then some back in the day?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Very impressive, but I think the jaw/chin are still a bit off on the sculpt.
Everything else looks fantastic! I especially like the new boots.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To facilitate customers' s DIY, DID release a version B for R80139 which is without weathering.

So there are two versions for R80139 (R80139A and R80139B).

All the outfits and accessories are the same for both Version A and B, only Version A with slight weathering; while Version B without any weathering.

Also the images of outfits and accessories of R80139 have been updated, the Soviet Pilotka cap has been updated. Please note that a pair of fingerless gloves is included as well. You could update the info on your website.

If you would like to order it, please click on the website:
https://www.did.co/product/vasily-zaytsev/

Thank you for your support.[/B]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Again, an outstanding figure and gear, the six o'clock shadow are excellent. Also, DID has outdone themselves with the rifle in this kit!

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
DiD have done actual facial hair before (the old Konig figure had some). Wouldn't be surprised if this is also real hair particles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts