One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been on a recent hunt to get the DID Major Richard figure and have come to no avail at getting him at a reasonable price. Just got sniped on ebay for a really good value one. I was curious of how much most people pay for this figure new in the box now a days, $300 being the lowest asking price for NIB I've seem. Is $300 even a good price? How much did he go for originally? It's not like he's impossible to find, it's just that lots of people list him online at what looks like extreme mark ups. At this point I'm considering picking up the Albert Ross DID figure if Winters is this pricey. Thanks for any info guys.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
That's quite an old figure by now, so I really wouldn't hold out any hope of getting him at anything too far under what you've stated. Whenever I have found him, he's been right up there at that price or higher. There's not many of them out there, so it's a seller's market I'm afraid. I'd say either bite the bullet and drop the cash, or look for an alternative as you said...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Steve I'd be interested in bashing a figure. If only it didn't seem like acquiring all of his accessories might cost the same as buying the figure NIB. At least it looks like that from what I've seen.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my questions.
--

No one was upset and my comment/post was taken out of context.

I've seen discussions/posts here and elsewhere where those coming late into the 1:6 game and discovering/finding out about 1:6 figures, etc. long gone and those who actually want it and then get a fast and hard dose of availability and pricing reality when it comes to the secondary market because of the fact the figures are long gone from all the known usual channels and some can be found at varying, but high prices most new collectors either don't necessarily comprehend when it comes secondary market prices and/or just don't want to pay based on their belief/preferences of a hard to find figure's value.

It's a known cycle of new collectors discovering some past 1:6 releases they missed out and have either a realistic or unrealistic demand/expectation of supposedly finding whatever.

We've all been through that.

I do find such discussions/postings interesting from time to time because it spotlights a specific brand/figure I may not have considered or thought to be worthwhile when it was originally released as well as seeing the perspective of how some place a peculiar monetary value on such figures.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I've seen discussions/posts here and elsewhere where those coming late into the 1:6 game and discovering/finding out about 1:6 figures, etc. long gone and those who actually want it and then get a fast and hard dose of availability and pricing reality when it comes to the secondary market because of the fact the figures are long gone from all the known usual channels and some can be found at varying, but high prices most new collectors either don't necessarily comprehend when it comes secondary market prices and/or just don't want to pay based on their belief/preferences of a hard to find figure's value
Wow. that's one long sentence.....shoulda taken a breathe or two.....:lol

Anyway, we need to welcome newcomers, and perhaps guide them along, not harp about been there, done that, etc....

IMHO, anyway.....

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my questions.
Not at all, sometimes replies are unnecessarily abrasive, or "taken out of context", more noticeably when the OP is newer to the hobby. As said, newcomers should be able to ask questions without encountering discourtesy or abuse. Without civility, the hobby and this forum might as well just be another dogpound.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Are you looking for a straight-up DID Winters figure, or a representation of Winters in general?
If it's the latter, kitbashing may be an easier route to go.
ACI did a Damien Lewis head ( Head#4 I think) it's not as detailed as the DID one, but is pretty decent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
--

No one was upset and my comment/post was taken out of context.

I've seen discussions/posts here and elsewhere where those coming late into the 1:6 game and discovering/finding out about 1:6 figures, etc. long gone and those who actually want it and then get a fast and hard dose of availability and pricing reality when it comes to the secondary market because of the fact the figures are long gone from all the known usual channels and some can be found at varying, but high prices most new collectors either don't necessarily comprehend when it comes secondary market prices and/or just don't want to pay based on their belief/preferences of a hard to find figure's value.

It's a known cycle of new collectors discovering some past 1:6 releases they missed out and have either a realistic or unrealistic demand/expectation of supposedly finding whatever.

We've all been through that.

I do find such discussions/postings interesting from time to time because it spotlights a specific brand/figure I may not have considered or thought to be worthwhile when it was originally released as well as seeing the perspective of how some place a peculiar monetary value on such figures.
I understand. I'm a semi new collector and have been in and out of this hobby but never delved into it too deeply staying mainly on collecting Dragon figures from the WWII line. I have a keen interest on the winters figure for many reasons. One also being is that I had an opportunity to pick him up years ago around when he was still new at retail price but for whatever stupid reason decided not to buy him. Coming back into the hobby I'm looking to try and get some of those that got away I guess.

Are you looking for a straight-up DID Winters figure, or a representation of Winters in general?
If it's the latter, kitbashing may be an easier route to go.
ACI did a Damien Lewis head ( Head#4 I think) it's not as detailed as the DID one, but is pretty decent.
Thanks for the tip on this head. For now I'm more keen on trying to find a true DID winters figure. I'd potentially try to bash him or buy him used in some way. But if not I may do what Oppl said, and bite the bullet on new one. I may be silly in doing so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts