One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, unlike DML boxes DiD always fail to mention where their character is based (suppose it leaves it more to the imagination!)
but could someone who knows tell me where Leon Basin, picture below is likely to have fought?
I imagine the Russian Front or maybe the Battle of the Bulge, or North Italy at a stretch, but probably not
Thanks in advance
-T

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts
I'm gunna say Eastern Front somewhere between 1943 and Early 1944. I say this mainly because his G43 rifle, Straw boots, and winter over boots that would have all been used on the eastern front during that time.

then again...who knows if DiD took an actual photo and made a figure or if its just a bunch of gear they though would be cool for us to have. some of their sets are a bit confusing.

Corbin Black wears the war paint of the 101st, but he is 82nd airborne.

Ricky Foster wears both m1942 uniform jacket and m1943 pants. He also has his hair shaved in a mohawk which was done by a group of engineers in the 506th rgt prior to d-day.

Edward Stiner has a camo pattern painted on his helmet that was used during the early campaigns of the 82nd, however his uniform has been "rigger modified" and he also comes with a grease gun.

:think conflicting stuff sometimes...

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Best bet is probably eastern front. He looks like he's set up for sentry duty, with a snow camo shirt over lots of layers, and those big woven over-boots weren't much for high mobility. The stove would probably go in a bunker/dugout, so he could warm up, if he didn't freeze outside or get snatched by Sov infiltrators.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks to Stooge for asking about this figure. I just picked one up last month. I like all the cool stuff he comes with but I am a little confused about the weathering on the face. I like the sculpt itself but he looks like he has been wandering through the desert for days without a hat. Maybe I'll transfer him to the DAK vis a vis a body swap. No where on the box do they tell you what battlefield the figure is supposed to be on.

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
I've seen plenty of people get red-faced in the cold, and it wasn't cuz of sunburn. Leon is much more than likely meant to represent an Easter Front fighter. The straw sentry boots, as previously mentioned, are shown in photos of the campaign in Russia. However, he could also work as a soldier manning the Siegfried Line in western Germany. After the Battle of the Bulge, there wouldn't have been much time for the German's to be standing around on guard duty, as things were pretty fluid and they were constantly being driven back. However, Leon's overall a pretty generic German soldier, so he works for either front.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Most of the DiD heads (at least the earlier ones) have a wind-burnt kind of complexion. One of the reasons I like them. Like Sgt.Schultz says, being outdoors can redden up a face, and with some time out on a sunny winter day, the glare can tan up an exposed face.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
winter complexion.

Most of the DiD heads (at least the earlier ones) have a wind-burnt kind of complexion. One of the reasons I like them. Like Sgt.Schultz says, being outdoors can redden up a face, and with some time out on a sunny winter day, the glare can tan up an exposed face.
Thanks guys. I am probably so used to the pale DML heads that this one looked a little odd. I am going to build him up out of the box. I like the sculpt. Has a lot of character. The metal stove is very nice and will look good in a bunker dio.

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, i personally really like the headsculpt too. Maybe he's from southern Germany too, which could explain the tanned skin, if not the glare of the sun.
Who knows! :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
The conclusion over on the 6th division, based on his field made camo smock and helmet cover was Stalingrad. Except of course his G-43 wasn't issued at that time.Give him a K-98 and he's early war eastern front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.