One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after much excitement, my EBAY win of the Hot Toys 75th Ranger 2nd Battalion in desert BDU gets here. I joyfully open it only to open the box (which honestly feels as though it has never been opened before) and inside is a black uniformed George Clooney look alike with a LAW and a chute and some gear that makes it look like a boxed set, just not the right one. Anyone out there who can provide me info as to what it is, or if somehow I was wrong expecting something different. I got it from a pretty well known US Seller and I am pretty concerned at this point.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is gonna take some time as I am watchin my little ones right now. I can certainly tell ya this aint Beckham and all of the gear is black. The chute is about the only thing that is consistent.

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Aw man. If it's not what was pictured in the auction and not what's pictured in the box, you definitely didn't get what you paid for.

The only one I can recall with parts similar to what you described is the HT Night Ops jumper
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=3&pid=32

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just getting ready to take some pics but my battery is dead. I took another look at him and it looks like George Clooney as a SEAL. There is a life vest and what looks like a dive knife. This is so bizarre to me.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Hot Toys 2/75 Ranger

I'll limit my comments to the parachute equipped airborne rangers Hot Toys has issued. There were three versions that I know of. All had Beckham sculpts. All had OD gear (T10, reserve, alice, lowering line, heavy weapon jump pack) except for a BDU patterned PRC126 radio pouch. All came with the Carl Gustav. Differences below...

#1 DCU and tactical eye devices (correct frame, wrong color as they were a solid light OD)
#2 Spec ops modified DCUs same glasses as above
#3 ACUs w/new style tactical eye devices (gas mask compatible). New patch set that actually had 1/75 scrolls.

How much did you pay?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got him for $100 and I guess I shouldnt have let my anger get to me when I posted the thread as "ripped off". I am well aware of this seller and am sure it is an honest mistake, but man I was psyched to get this figure. I am sure that we will get it all straight. So, is it the Night Op Jumper that I got?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is exactly what I got viewing the pics that Ronin put above. Problem for me is that I much more collect my figures in boxes and then bash my own pieces. Plus, I try to be an honest buyer because I have to wonder if there is some guy out there with the Ranger and this box. Though, it is supposed to be a new in box figure so I wonder how the switch took place.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is exactly what I got viewing the pics that Ronin put above. Problem for me is that I much more collect my figures in boxes and then bash my own pieces. Plus, I try to be an honest buyer because I have to wonder if there is some guy out there with the Ranger and this box. Though, it is supposed to be a new in box figure so I wonder how the switch took place.
You are right man, and I bet that guy payed a lot more :erm

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
226 Posts
I can tell you exactly what happened. The figure you got (The Night Ops Jumper) originally came in the 75th ranger box. The ranger box had a sleeve over it with the night ops jumper pics on it. I have both these figures and they both came in the same box, but the night ops jumper had the separate box sleeve. The Soar figures did the same thing with the tan jumpsuit version. The box sleeves are kind of fragile. Mine is actually stating to come unglued at the seam. My guess would be the seller either lost or broke the sleeve, or maybe never had it to begin with. I would much rather have the Clooney, Night ops jumper though.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now if that aint the best explanation I have JMD, I dont know what is. Guess I will wait to hear back from the seller. I am just surprised they didnt pick up on it, it is not some newb, these guys have been around. Though, like I said, when I opened it- the box was like it had never been opened before.

·
Don't Panic.
2,477 Posts
I can tell you exactly what happened. The figure you got (The Night Ops Jumper) originally came in the 75th ranger box. The ranger box had a sleeve over it with the night ops jumper pics on it. I have both these figures and they both came in the same box, but the night ops jumper had the separate box sleeve. The Soar figures did the same thing with the tan jumpsuit version. The box sleeves are kind of fragile. Mine is actually stating to come unglued at the seam. My guess would be the seller either lost or broke the sleeve, or maybe never had it to begin with. I would much rather have the Clooney, Night ops jumper though.
I will confirm this explanation, as I have both as well.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I can also confirm this as the case.When I recieved my HT Night OPS I was pissed as I thought I had recived the HT Racger.But it came in the Ranger slipcase.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.