One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See subject.

The following four (4) figures are MIB/NRFB.

Seller originally wanted $199.99 USD for each with shipping.

I paid $728.00 USD for all four (4) shipped (UPS Ground).

The last time I procured this many was around January for three of the same figures minus Storm Shadow.

These are "old" figures and I have multiples of them, but I periodically buy them . . . if the price is right . . . to amass my COBRA legion.

The $ could have been used towards newer/other more worthwhile offerings, but I enjoy/prefer "old school" offerings at times.

Did I get a "good deal"?

Yes?

No?

1618924301640.png
1618924359586.png
1618924483703.png

·
Frick 'n' Frack
345 Posts
If you paid below market value then you probably did well. A gauge is always what they are selling for in todays market. MIB figures will always appreciate in price.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you paid below market value then you probably did well. A gauge is always what they are selling for in todays market. MIB figures will always appreciate in price.
--

The rule of thumb for MIB/NRFB figures always appreciating in price/value is not a 100% guarantee at times because history showed there are exceptions within this hobby.

I was pleasantly surprised given the fluctuating demand and price for the specified figures.

From what I can gauge, the seller needed/wanted to sell them. The seller and I had a brief back and forth (i.e. make an offer). I respected the seller was up front with the bottom line price and combine shipping price that was reasonable compared to many sellers inflating the shipping cost.

Of the lot, Storm Shadow is the one I wanted the most. The others are very worthwhile as well for "troop building" and over the years since the figures were released the supply on them is diminishing.

Back in the day the price shipped when purchased from Sideshow was approximately $125.00 to $145.00 each these figures. The price I paid for the lot is a fair and reasonable mark up.

Good deals can still be found for these figures as buyer/collectors who held onto them in MIB/NRFB condition are finding they can't find immediate buyers for the price they want, etc. Me? I can afford to wait. I'm not desperate to buy or to sell (thus far).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts