One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the beginning of Trump's 2020 campaign, We are happy to intruduce the "NEW" Trump. Just like the previous version, there are two super realistic headscuplts included, one with rooted hair which you could DIY any new hair style you like for him. Another one is an iconic Trump smiling face.

Four pairs of hands are specially designed for him. A typical black overcoat and blue suit pants which fit perfectly. We have also updated the slogan on the iconic red hat to "KEEP AMERICAN GREAT".

What's more, a set of collapsible resolute desk and chair will be included in this set, which is extremely playful. Meanwhile it could also be used with other America President like Obama.

As he is running his 2020 re-election campaign, the podium and microphone are also included. "PROMISE KEPT" and "PROMISE MADE" slogan boards are also included.

Donald Trump is back. Just order now!

For more info please click on the below website:
DID AP003 Donald Trump 2020 - DID Corp.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
I think its a very difficult choice of figure, given the head shape and hair colour/style you have to work with. And, again, I think DiD haven't been able to pull it off. As it stands, this looks comical to me rather than a serious figure of the man.

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Just a friendly reminder to everyone to keep the discussion on the figure set and not about the man it represents or his politics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please see the updated images of AP003, more detailed images will release soon, please stay tuned.

+

·
fortuna favet fortibus
2,310 Posts
I hate that they use paper again for the furniture...I like the non rooted hair. I might get the cat who eat the canary face loose and the long coat to add to my Trump 1.0.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
I'm an admin in another 1:6 discussion group on Facebook. Due to the obvious, a number of members ended up being muted and a few got blocked/removed from the group along with the polarizing comments deleted.

I'm pleasantly surprised there is no such polarization here . . . given the dearth of interaction and traffic for obvious reasons.

The "fake" furniture is a joke. I wish real 1:6 executive desk, chair, and podium was available.

The likeness is not ideal unless it was done that way purposely.

Still waiting for a 1:6 Melania figure . . . done right hopefully.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I think the cardboard Resolute desk that I gave Donald was better, when I posted my "Twelve Dreams of Donald Trump," before the election -- but I'm glad DID took up the idea.

See here: http://bbs.boy-toy.net/data/attachment/forum/201611/06/143446n6vj9kj9c26kkusr.jpg.thumb.jpg

My OSW thread from November 6 2016 is here, The 12 Dreams of Donald Trump (a 1/6 Comedy) but the pictures are now PhotoBucked. Someone reproduced the pictures here: The 12 Dreams of Donald Trump (a 1/6 Comedy)-????-????-?????????

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm an admin in another 1:6 discussion group on Facebook. Due to the obvious, a number of members ended up being muted and a few got blocked/removed from the group along with the polarizing comments deleted.

I'm pleasantly surprised there is no such polarization here . . . given the dearth of interaction and traffic for obvious reasons.

The "fake" furniture is a joke. I wish real 1:6 executive desk, chair, and podium was available.

The likeness is not ideal unless it was done that way purposely.

Still waiting for a 1:6 Melania figure . . . done right hopefully.
One of the groups I'm on it got pretty ugly.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
the rooted hair is a disaster...sorry. in a few years we will find this in the bargain bins of 1/6th. pretty sure about that. they're cashing in while they can. reasonable enough....lol.

peace
Miguel

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
For the do-it-yourselfers: Sobre esto y aquello: La desdicha del capitan Franklin y la mesa del presidente Obama

Take 10 minutes and give yourself a better Resolute desk than DID offers. I cropped the desk in the pic, printed it once and then again for side panels (ok, my sides aren't perfect reproductions of the actual desk). Gave it about 10 coats of gloss spray, and used a varnished but unadorned wood boxtop for the top. My center inset isn't actually recessed, but that aspect looks phony where DID tried to do it.

This photo of the Resolute Desk is decently high res and prints great. What's unusual is that unlike most pics, it was shot perfectly flat from the perfect front and center, so it's great to use for a hobby printout with no distortions. This version is 1600 x 1000 and it's the best currently online. There's a 3415 x 2154 version circulating but its picture quality is more deteriorated. There used to be a really great high res version on the White House site, but with Obama being in the pic, I think it's gone now, but this version should be ok to work with..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I would have presumed that the cardboard folded furniture is just a place keeper. They are marked as prototypes. Although I think it was a bad move to display them like that.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I would have presumed that the cardboard folded furniture is just a place keeper. They are marked as prototypes. Although I think it was a bad move to display them like that.
A figure that's already preorderable at $120 isn't going to have an "actual" resolute Desk, a desk chair, and a Campaign Podium in the box. In related news, there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks OK... this set will likely still sell well in the Asian market.

The sculpted hair looks problematic, although the rooted one can be 'modified' to resemble the real look.

But I actually like the head sculpts- they're both appropriately 'kitschy'.

Instead of a desk and cardboard(?) chair I'd rather have it include 1:6 golf clubs with a leather carrier bag set, plus a 1:6 mobile phone- both useful for other projects.:wink

1 - 20 of 28 Posts