One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the cult Lynch film, not the horriffic SciFi channel mini-series.

I've been in the toy collecting game now for going on 20 years and I dont recall ever seeing anyone in the 1/6 world do up DUNE figures, ie: the cast in Stillsuits or what have you.

Just curious if anyone here ever caught a glimpse of any DUNE customs out there.....

What I want in 1/6:
The Warriors (and I saw at ToyFair that Metzco I think is doing 9" Warriors)
DUNE
Forbidden Planet

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I've never seen any 12" customs from Dune, though not to say they don't exist. There are smaller scale figures by a company called "SOTA Now Playing" and "LJN". You can find them online (eBay, etc.). They look to be around 3.5 inches tall, not too shabby, done after the David Lynch directed film in '84. It's a great idea, especially like to see the stillsuits. The over-the-top Baron Harkonnen or Sian Phillips Reverend Mother from that film would be great too. Maybe Sideshow will get interested for Sci-fi fans. You might find this site of interest: http://www.duneinfo.com/arrakis/stillsuits.asp

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've never seen any 12" customs from Dune, though not to say they don't exist. There are smaller scale figures by a company called "SOTA Now Playing" and "LJN". You can find them online (eBay, etc.). They look to be around 3.5 inches tall, not too shabby, done after the David Lynch directed film in '84.
the SOTA and LJN figures are a little bigger than 3.5" - the LJN are about 5 inches high, and the SOTA figures are probably 6-7"

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I've got the LJN figures....I'd love to have 1/6 versions, particularly with the detail that companies are putting into what amount to "average releases" these days. I dont expect they'd be cheap, but in this hobby...what is?

Dune, and a solid 1/6 scale Snake Plisskin would be at the top of my list these days :)

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wouldn't be able to pass up 1/6 Dune figures. The LJN stuff just doesn't compare to what is out there today. The SOTA figure looks nice but it is a one shot since it is part of what amounts to a horror line.

It would be great to have a 1/6 Lynch style stilsuit so that I could customize it into a better representation of a Fremen. It always bugged me that the Lynch costume left the whole head exposed. His Fremen are losing water like crazy. The Sci-Fi miniseries stilsuits have the proper head gear and cloaks, but the body suit portion looks like a jumpsuit with all sorts of exposed tubes that wouldn't stand up to a sandy environment.

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
I love Dune! I have read all the books. I would be in for anything Dune to Forbidden Planet. I bet Reggie could put together the head sculpt for a fair price! Sitllsuits and the Sudakar Warriors would be killer. Dune.. "The Sleeper has awoken!" YA baby. Lets call us a big worm with our thumpers. The Spice is Life!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dune, Forbidden Planet, Starship Troopers.....I'm down for all of these.

Hell I'd love one of those 2001 space suits, but I still remember the dark days of that customizer who started making them and then took everyones money. *sigh*...

I been in this hobby a long freakin time :p

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Dune, Forbidden Planet, Starship Troopers.....I'm down for all of these.

Hell I'd love one of those 2001 space suits, but I still remember the dark days of that customizer who started making them and then took everyones money. *sigh*...

I been in this hobby a long freakin time :p
You know about this guy, right?: http://www.roughneckjoe.com/
He does 1/6 Starwars trooper uni's, weapons & equipment (resin). Excellent work, but you'll have to email him for availability & prices. I recommend getting the set - best buy. I can't remember what I paid now but I know I thought it was a good deal for what you got, especially since it's a garage manufacturer custom. He has the sets in both male & female sizes. They work fine on Dragon & GI Joe and probably bbi but I haven't tried. There is some clean up of the castings that you have to do, and you have to paint the helmet, weapons, armor (flexible molded rubber done after a film original!), accessories and other equipment. I also suggest the addition of foam padding and replacing the flexible rubber chin strap with fabric tape cut to size on the helmet. You can cut the rubber chin cup and reuse or use a football helmet chin cup from one of the Dragon USC football players.

The Twinch Squad 2001 Discovery & Moon base space suits are great. I lucked out when I was able to get a hold of one, a lot of people got screwed. I'll take some pic's of it and post sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.