One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Three cheers for DiD for keeping the WWII flame alive!!! This is an excellent-looking figure with a fantastic selection of parts. Not crazy about the weathered headsculpt as it looks a little fake, but fortunately there's an alternate. Bravo DiD!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Not Korea, but WWII on Okinawa....figure is obviously that of the medic in the movie "Hacksaw Ridge"....good movie, you should watch it.....:wink

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
This offering looks superior to the one from another 1:6 brand.

I don't collect much 1:6 WW II themed offerings, but I'm considering this one.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The foldable stretcher will be popular. Loks fine, but can't say it is better than the Alert Line set. The non weathered HS looks extremely pale. Hopefully it will not be like that in production. The weathered version is alittle over the top, but I guess it is trying to look like the character in the movie...

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
I wish an updated modern medic/field physician offering was made. I do recollect one or two modern 1:6 medic figures of varying design and quality over the years, but a better detailed and quality offering would be appreciated for those of us wanting a better modern offering/representation.

WW II over the years did receive some good worthwhile offerings from BBI and DML from my recollection and the film HACKSAW RIDGE (2016) brought attention to the general subject/theme of medics again.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Probably a brain fart, tripped off by Heartbreak Ridge, which continues to confuse all manner of subject matter, as a true cluster movie.
The movie Heartbreak Ridge was not in Korea either (although the name was from a battle in the Korean War), but rather Grenada.....brain farts indeed! :lol

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The movie Heartbreak Ridge was not in Korea either (although the name was from a battle in the Korean War), but rather Grenada.....brain farts indeed! :lol
Hence my dislike of the Eastwood movie, which suffered from greatly mixed parentage. There is the extra advantage of this medic figure being adapatable to the Korean conflict, if desired.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I like this figure but am just not a fan of DiD weathering. I'll purchase readily an unweathered version of this figure...hope they produce it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.