One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Definetly gonna get me that Armor. Maybe rework the helmet...i didnt like the Takeda Shingen Armor, too uhm kinda..gay/fancy with all that fabric attached....well...i prefer solid colors, black, red...

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
A lot of Samurai helmets and armor was supposed to be ornate, that's the point. The Samurai was supposed to be easily visible as to strike terror into the hearts of their foes, or to inspire their troops to action.

That said, I'm not too good on my Samurai recognition...who's this one?

·
The Unspeakable
564 Posts
Definetly gonna get me that Armor. Maybe rework the helmet...i didnt like the Takeda Shingen Armor, too uhm kinda..gay/fancy with all that fabric attached....well...i prefer solid colors, black, red...
That's hysterical, bc my wife had the same comment. She was looking at my collection about a month ago and said she thought the DID sams were pretty cool, but "what's up with Nancy Shingen?"

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
i wonder if they really fought with this thing on?? coz if i was an archer in the battlefield back in da days and i saw this samurai, i'd be like: 'Hey, guys let's take out toothpick-head first!" :)
Definitely. Remember though, that it was nigh impossible for a single archer to pick out a guy in the heat of combat and specifically hit him with an arrow. The idea was that Samurai wore very elaborate armor so that they COULD be easily seen. People would note the armor and tell whether the Samurai was a feared opponent, or their own commander/leader/general, or what not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts