One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Very nice upgrade of DML's old radio figure.
Agreed....nothing "new" here.....of course the metal radio is of new material....crusher hat looks good, but not a big fan of a bearded figure, as it severely limits its uses.....

Nice that we get another WWII figure, but too bad they didn't go with a completely different, "new" theme for a figure, but oh well, I guess it's cheaper to upgrade something that has already been done than to spend a ton on new research, etc....:wink

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
Nice HS,but the facial hair limits it's use for me. Probably pick up the crusher and the uniform loose,but thats about it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'm pretty sure this type of radio came with at least two DML/Cyber-Hobby figures.....about eight years ago so I see no reason not to revisit that particular item....I also remember the DML version having big issues with the radio not being able to attach to the Y-straps as it was missing the straps & hooks at the top of the radio....so the DML research team went missing big time on that one....the radio itself was well done but I can see this one may have a little more detail.
I think DML have produced at least two.... possibly more decent Grossdeutschland figures in the past......Gunther Witz being one and I think Uwe being the other, overall this one's not a bad release but I'm certainly not that impressed with the head sculpt....whatever happened to those really worn in sculpts they were putting out ?.....the Jude Law Russian sniper & Pascal Dubois sculpts were excellent & the Steiner sculpt was pretty good as well....they looked worn down, recently the sculpts have become very clean looking.....It looks as though they have the Splinter camo correct this time & an in scale GD cufftitle which is a later version....I think they should have included an earlier type to go with the early war tunic but never mind......pleather MP40 pouches.....unusual but at least there not a fantasy item, I may be in for some loose parts.....given a different head sculpt I would have probably jumped in for a boxed figure.

I'm wondering how they managed to attach the mess tin & gas mask container to the back of the radio in the photos ?
Chelseaboy

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Looks like a nice piece of kit. I'm glad to see another WW2 release even if I won't personally be in for this particular one. New WW2 figures seem very few and far between these days. I know Dragon have an extensive catalogue but it's not always easy finding them.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Interesting choice for a headsculpt..not sure where they got that idea...does not even fit someone in the field for awhile type growth. The Germans had at least as rigorous hygiene standards as Canadians or British so this "van ****" would not fly...

Love the radio though, the stand out piece and will be the most sot out once the parting of this figure happens :broke

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I see Gary Oldman....

a Pretty solid release, nothing new, but that's nice they revisit the subject..... I hope Did will go into subjects not touched by DML in the past....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Come on DID! Make a British figure..North Africa maybe?

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Well, since we're already wishin' they would do other figures, I would like to see them cop.....I mean "re-introduce" some U.S. tankers like DML put out a while back, now that there's finally some consumer-grade U.S. armour out there......

·
Registered
997 Posts
The HS looks a bit like John Malcovich when he played Cirus the virus in con air, only with the helmet on to hide his hair.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Maybe it's because I watched Vengeance again, last week, but he looks like actor/singer Jean-Philippe Smet, aka Johnny Hallyday, who played Frank Costello.

As German army figure go, this ain't bad. I'd switch the head sculpt, but use it elsewhere. A fairly simple figure, but the radio's nice, as is the smock and helmet cover. I'd have to think he'll find a place in a lot of collections.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts