One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Alba Supporter! (Staff)
2,555 Posts
In the last pic, the guy to the right has a Benelli strapped to his left side :thumb

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, Dunk!

I checked out the link, and found this.......

The Company deployed to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom-2 during February 2004 with attachments from 3d Force Reconnaissance Company, serving in Direct Support of Regimental Combat Team-7, 1st Marine Division (REIN).

When I was over there, we only had the woodland interceptors and Kevlars....1st Force didn't have enough FSBEs and MICHs for us Reservists. So most of us spray painted our Interceptors tan. Same with their H&S....woodland Interceptors. So these are new pics from their redployment, because they have on the coyote interceptors.

As for new gear, it's all pretty much in the pictures. The individual platoons are given a private purchase budget and can buy whatever equipment they decide the whole team needs, which is why you'll see one team with ACOGs, one with EOTechs, and one with Aimpoints, for example. A lot of guys also bought their own personal web gear....We had one that went to war with a desert Tiger Stripe chest harness! Don't ask me where he got it.....

Joe Gagliardi

·
Registered
13 Posts
The vest is very new- it is an eagle industries product and is called the Marine Corps- Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System or MC-CIRAS.

The CIRAS vest isn't Marine specific- slightly different versions are coming on line for other special operations units so I bet you see a lot more of this vest.
Someone should start making the 1/6 version now... No doubt in a couple months they'll show up in some Iraq pics and everyone will want one..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also the vests you see above that don't cover the sides are also a Eagle Industries item- the Rhodesian Reconnaissance chest rig with plate carrier back

61 - 80 of 156 Posts