One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once again there is a rumor that Detachment Delta has a entity know as the "Funny Platoon" which has women operators in it. I had fun with the concept about a month or two ago. I know you guys said I did not need to change anything but, hey, I wanted to make her dangerous.

Now I have refine her a bit to try and make her a bad ass! Since I have no ideal what a D-Girl would do or look like, it was fun to conceptualize. This is my Girl, Cpt Rhonda Littman Sniper!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice It still makes me question if women are in Spec Ops
I know that woman are in SpecOps. That is not the issue. You will find them in support and staff positions in such units as CA and PsyOps. However, as operators, well that is another issue. Not impossible, just a rumor that I cannot verify.

·
Registered
360 Posts
She may look like a dude, but if she has you in the cross-hairs does it matter?:banana
Great looking Delta gal. And who'd gripe about sharing the showers with her?

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Totally cool stuff.. Is that the weapon from BBI Hawkeye?
Oh those were the days when BBi was making figures by the boat load. Oh well. The M14 is called a Designated Markman Rifle which was actually a Marine Corp base weapon in the configuration in the picture. It is also in the USSOCOM weapon's inventory. It came with the BBi 5th SFG Figure Set, Prowler ((BBI-21114) 5th Special Forces Group Sniper "Prowler" (BBi) (2002)). It was one of those weapons in 2002 that everyone wanted.

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
She always did!
Good looking bash.
Looks like the AA HS variant of DML Jen (Jennifer Garner). This would explain why she looks like a dude ;)

The figure looks great though, It's inspired me to want to put something together in the same vein.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice. Well done. Not often you see a female military figure. It maybe true women are not allowed in the gritty part of SPECOPS, but when I look at this figure, it says...Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter;) Good job!!!

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Very cool bash, SS... accuracy issues notwithstanding.

Based on books I have read by former Delta operators, including Eric Haney, the "Funny Platoon" is an intel support unit that grew out of a long running feud with ISA. There is some information out there it is entirely made up of women, but I believe this is neither true nor practical. As they apparently infil ahead of Delta elements only to collect intel for the Delta op, I can imagine a unit with only females would severely limit the flexibility of its intel gathering capability, particularly in many Middle Eastern countries. Similiarly, an intel organization with only men would also limit its flexibility.

Anyway, I digress... I discovered earlier today that I have one of those "Prowler" M14 sniper weapons as well as the Navy SEAL Hawkeye version in my collection of modern gear collecting dust.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
This is a great work from you again, SS ( can i call you that? :))

I m sure she is up there with the rest of the guys when it comes to toughness and calmness.. Great work once again :thumb

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.