One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the projects I have ongoing.

I have taken my spare set of the Hot Toys CVC Nomex , and converted them from the OD to the Desert Tan.

First started by bleaching the heck out of it. Then , using acrylic paints, gave it a few coats til it looked somewhat right.

I think I have hit the color pretty close to how a newer set can often appear with a pinkish tinge to them, especially depending on the lighting.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Very nice Brave Rifles, the pinkish tinge is just right in perfecting your tan nomex.
I wish the manufacturers would put out a good nomex in that hue instead of the light sand colour they tend to use.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I am actually happy with the way they turned out. So far. Might be a bit too bright, but will take care of that with weathering when I complete the fig.

Saiko, the tan seen on other versions of 1/6 nomex coveralls aren't that bad really. My 1/1 set has faded to a color very close.

Brett, yeah, lots of water to dilute the paint. And about three coats total before the affect made it to this point.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again folks, and 1/6 Happy, sorry. I do have a bash in WIP with it.

Not the best lighting , but you can see color after bleaching , with one half of the first coat of paint applied. The bleach actually gives it a good worn out OD color. Similiar to my other 1/1 set of OD nomex that I wore in Desert Storm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts