One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Very nice, fire03. I've always thought that the subject, as well as DML's original figure, was under appreciated. Your portrayal evokes the feel of these missions by the coalition teams, out away from friendly lines, and working silently in small numbers.

Good work, you did really well.
Can anyone tell me why they send in specialforces to take out the SCUDs in 1991, and not just took them out from the air?
The SOF forces tasked to these missions were part of a whole, seeking out the individual SCUD launchers and support units, which had been scattered across large wastes, and employed concealment, firing, and movement. This stretched air resources, and had a political effect on the coalition and nations in the region. The teams' purpose was to locate and designate the SCUDs for strikes.

How much of the USSF operations are still classified, I do not know, but their presence on the battlefield gave coalition forces "eyes on" capabilities in places where conventional forces were not present. Brave men, and bold.

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
If my SCUD Hunter had looked this good when I bashed mine I may have kept him together. Your weathering and dio for the figure are great. Very nice job.

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
Very cool figure!
And the base is ultra cool! :thumb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.