One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1stlooey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[This is my interpretation of a scene from the 1950 movie "Decision Before Dawn." I had to change a few things...]

….Otherwise, the war hadn't changed much. Crowded in the rear, and lonely as you got nearer and nearer the front...

with nothing but a map to tell you where the enemy was supposed to be.

But you soon discovered if your map was accurate enough.

Private: "Hey, what's that?"

Lieutenant: "It's a German half-track motorcycle. That's what it is."

Private: "I don't get it. It wasn't here when I came by this morning."
Lieutenant: "Well, let's turn around here and find out where we are."
Private: "Yes, sir."

Lieutenant: "Stop right here."
Private: "Yes, sir."

Private: "I'm sorry, sir. I keep tellin' 'em back at headquarters I got no sense of direction, but they just won't listen to me."

Lieutenant.: "A soldier's not much good if he can't find his way back to his own outfit. It's like not bein' able to find your way home."

Private: "My home? My home's in Boise."

Lieutenant: "For cryin' out...We've come 20 miles out of the way. Now we'll probably have to fight our way through a whole Kraut--"

They hear branch crack.

They jump out of jeep and take cover behind it. They fire a couple of shots over the hood.

Private: "Come on, come outta there! Give it up, you rats."

Lieutenant "Come on! Move it on! Keep your hands up."

Private: "Over this way. Move!"
Lieutenant: "Come on, get the lead out! Move over there."

Lieutenant: "That's close enough. Right there. You frisk 'em. I'll keep 'em covered."

Lieutenant: "Hey, you. I said, keep your hands up. And that's what I meant. Come on!"

Lieutenant: "Stand still."

Lieutenant: "Watch those hands, soldier."

German medic: "He was hit by shrapnel, sir."

Lt: "You're in the Luftwaffe."

Lieutenant: "What are you doin' around here?"

German medic: "I'm sorry, sir, but I can't tell you anything that isn't in my Soldbuch."

Private: "Want me to refresh his memory, Lieutenant?"

Lieutenant: "Ah, leave him alone. Where's your CP?"

German medic: "I don't know, we got lost."

Private: "They're not the only ones."

·
1stlooey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The wounded man collapses. The medic holds him up.

German medic: "He's weak. sir. We haven't eaten for three days."

Private: "Not half as weak as he's gonna be if you don't keep those hands up."

The Lieutenant offers the wounded man a canteen.

Lieutenant: "Here. You look like you could use a shot yourself."

German medic: "No, thank you."

Lieutenant: All right, climb aboard."

The German medic helps wounded man into back of jeep. They drive off.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Its just nitpicking, but are you sure both the medic and the wounded would sit behind the two US Soldiers? Wouldnt that be quite risky?

·
1stlooey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its just nitpicking, but are you sure both the medic and the wounded would sit behind the two US Soldiers? Wouldnt that be quite risky?
I think you're probably right, but I'm just reproducing a scene from a movie. You'll have to ask the director! :rolling

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
The front passenger would keep his weapon aimed at them at all times incase they tried anything, plus the wounded man would probaly be in allot of pain and thankful that he's gettin proper treatment, as for the medic,they tend not to be bloodthursty.

And I think the medic would of rolled up or cut off the wounded mans sleeve, so you might want to do the same, might look a bit better.

Nicework all the same, must of taken you hours taking the pics!! great work

·
gear .....
551 Posts
Very cool. For me, it was pretty tense as I never watched the film...I kept expecting German reinforcements to show up!!

Thanks for the pics and for sharing. Making a note to track down that movie.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Wow! It is always impressive to see such a well designed and executed photo story. That takes serious dedication:thumb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.