One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this death dealer horse for the Phicen Death dealer. It's a Christmas gift for my daughter, but I thought it would be safe enough to post here, as she is not a member. That is a Marx Thunderbolt under about 7 pounds of apoxy sculpt. The saddle was challenging, I ended up doing engraved leather, and lightly buffing it with a metallic rub. I think it turned out pretty well.
Jean Horse Working animal Horse supplies Bridle Horse tack

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
That is beautiful work. The reworking and bulking up is flawless and totally right for the character. Death Dealer really needs his horse and I was disappointed when Phicen said they might make one but didn't. Well done.

Congrats too on having a daughter who'll appreciate something of the Death Dealer as a Christmas gift. Wouldn't it be cool if she did come across this picture online somehow, not knowing it was you, and then she opened up the real thing on Christmas! Best season's wishes to your family.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! She's a huge Death dealer fan, and I bought her the Phicen figure last year. She doesn't know I made the horse, I think it's going to be a nice surprise. It would be an interesting project to make another horse and get it cast, because there are a lot of 12" Death Dealer figures out there in need of a horse, but there would be copyright issues, I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Thanks everyone! She's a huge Death dealer fan, and I bought her the Phicen figure last year. She doesn't know I made the horse, I think it's going to be a nice surprise. It would be an interesting project to make another horse and get it cast, because there are a lot of 12" Death Dealer figures out there in need of a horse, but there would be copyright issues, I'm sure.
For once actually there probably wouldn't be. Can't copyright a slightly over-muscled, stern-looking black horse. There's nothing totally unique in the tack and as long as it didn't sell with a Death Dealer figure or use the name or the Frazetta art, you'd be pretty safe even though we know what most people would be buying it for. For that matter he'd look great under Lady Death or a Conan so there's lots of other uses beyond Death Dealer.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Mom, bear this in mind. My own mother made Daredevil and Thor outfits for my Captain Action when I was wee small in 1968, and such remains my appreciation, that parts of those bashes are on my desk right now nearly 50 years later. Something as well made as your DD horse, and so unique, and so hopefully surprising, and so specific to her collecting desires --- that's a mighty big win for Santa right there!

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Jean, wonderful work on the horse. You captured the look and feel of the artwork. Kudos on the saddle as well. If time permits I would enjoy seeing some more photos of your work on this. As an aside, very good photography work as well, very atmospheric! ............Jim

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.