One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
You know this is made by WB... so there is a chance that since... WB does Superman... And WB Let HT do Superman... we could possibly see Watchmen figures.

My question is how would they do Rorschach. I mean... I would prefer an interchangeable head as opposed to a separate figure without mask.

·
Unwell
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know this is made by WB... so there is a chance that since... WB does Superman... And WB Let HT do Superman... we could possibly see Watchmen figures.

My question is how would they do Rorschach. I mean... I would prefer an interchangeable head as opposed to a separate figure without mask.
I agree completely regarding Rorschach. It would be great to have interchangeable masked and unmasked Kovacs heads. No images of Dr. Manhattan have been released yet but if he's portrayed on film as he was in the graphic novel, it would be so cool to have him in the black suit and tie and white shirt. It would be a fantastic line if HT get to do it.

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
I agree completely regarding Rorschach. No images of Dr. Manhattan have been released yet but if he's portrayed on film as he was in the graphic novel, it would be so cool to have him in the black suit and tie and white shirt. It would be a fantastic line if HT get to do it.
Was Dr. Manhattan a Solid colour? Or do you think you could see through him to an extent? It's been awhile since I read Watchmen. I'm just trying to figure out how HT could do Dr. Manhattan. But yeah... Suit, tie and shirt would be pretty cool.

EDIT:

After looking at NiteOwl II... The armour looks a little too intricate. Ozymandias' on the other hand... Frickin' spot on.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
I love the Pictures...And will see the Movie,Would definately purchase from this line.. but I must admit I dont have a clue about the story line or Characters any one have a little info.. Who is the Watcher....???

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! I had no idea that production had gone forward on making a Watchman movie! And now it's already in post-production? Man, where have I been? Anyway, after looking at those pics, I am so stoked! They all look good, but the Comedian and Rorshach are PERFECT!! Like they walked right out of the comic... I'm a huge fan of the book, having bought it when it was released; it's an amazing story, and a challenging one to bring to film, I think. I do hope they stayed as close to Moore's writing as possible, as tough as that may be. And yeah: Hot Toys had better get a license to produce these, cause I want 'em ALL!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here regarding 300, but I thought it was terrible. I hope this guy gives The Watchmen their proper glory but I'll take figures regardless -- as long as they're even close to the comics, which they appear to be.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm with Oaktown....300 was a visual tour-de-force, a great movie. A completely shallow, empty movie.....but a great popcorn movie.

But The Watchmen is a 20+ year old comic mini-series that is, largely, devoid of any action wahtsoever....its a murder mystery, and a slow one at that, only involving washed up super-heros. And its a very cerebral book, you need to read it like a book, not like a comic.

So now we have "Mr. MTV JumpCuts and over-use of slow-mo" paired up with a script that is best left to someone like Kubrick or Spielberg.....and I'm more than a little nervous.

I look at those screenshots and go "Mystery Men II".

Now..where's that Flaming Carrot movie? :D

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
So now we have "Mr. MTV JumpCuts and over-use of slow-mo" paired up with a script that is best left to someone like Kubrick or Spielberg.....and I'm more than a little nervous.
You have to remember that his guy is a huge Comic Book fan. The reason he has MTV Jumpcuts and OVeruse of Slow-Mo in 300 is because... it's Over stylized just like the graphic novel. 300 the graphic novel was very Stylized and he wanted to keep that feeling.

He has said that Watchmen will be nothing like 300. At all.

I have faith in this fellow.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
What we have below is a photo that the Minutemen took - Who are the Minutemen? Well in WATCHMEN - it was the first TEAM of superheroes that formed in 1939 and pulled a BEATLES in 1949. In the pic below you'll see the classic SILK SPECTRE and NITE OWL... you'll see CAPTAIN METROPOLIS, MOTHMAN, SILHOUETTE, COMEDIAN, DOLLAR BILL and with the noose... HOODED JUSTICE.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts