One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a project to bash Keegan Russ, Ghosts soldier from the game Call of Duty: Ghosts. The game sucks but the I loved the idea about these soldiers.

Anyway I wanna create a nice camo for a nice rifle, for the character.
I was inspired by kryptek typhon camo and the various snakeskin camo.
I want it with dark colours for night/dark operations.

Nothing too difficult, just patience(more) and a good brush.

And a little pic of my WIP project.

Comments are always appreciated, thx for watching ;)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Wow, you have the hands of a surgeon Alby! Great work, I would have thought that you used a stencil and airbrushed the scales. The comparison to the Caltek paint job really highlights the detail you put into yours.

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you have the hands of a surgeon Alby! Great work, I would have thought that you used a stencil and airbrushed the scales. The comparison to the Caltek paint job really highlights the detail you put into yours.
Thank you hqham :). Yes I use brushes on miniatures for years and it's been useful for apply paint on the 1/6 world. I had to use just a little drop of water just at the top of the brush's head to make the colour more smooth and handy.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Looking at the stock OBR rifle's paint job, it looks like you can just add the same scale pattern to it, to make the arrid/highlander Kryptek camo.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Looking good Alby!

I have a couple of those OBRs on the workbench at the moment that I am in the process of customizing and I have noticed that the paint aps from the factory were a little less than ideal. This is perhaps most noticeable on the bipod where the paint has gummed up the springs. How has adding another layer of paint affected the look and operation of the bipod and the springs?

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is definitely a very convincing Kryptek paintjob! Good work.
Thank you. I don't know about efficiency in battle, but I love this type of camo.

Awesome job on these OBR's!
Thanks a lot privateERIC :)

Cool project!
Thank you :)

Looking at the stock OBR rifle's paint job, it looks like you can just add the same scale pattern to it, to make the arrid/highlander Kryptek camo.
That's a great idea hqham! If I sneak another one I will try it. I want at least one original cal-tek camo, although it's not so great.

Love the paint jobs on the rifles! They look totally awesome! Great job on it all the way around.
Thank you but I did only the one black with snakeskin details, the other is the original OBR by Caltek MOH Preacher. ;)

Looking good Alby!

I have a couple of those OBRs on the workbench at the moment that I am in the process of customizing and I have noticed that the paint aps from the factory were a little less than ideal. This is perhaps most noticeable on the bipod where the paint has gummed up the springs. How has adding another layer of paint affected the look and operation of the bipod and the springs?
Thank you very much Turkeyshot :). Yes they are a little rough but they can move easily enough, at least mine. I think, as you know, these rifles are not everyone the same, for example the second one I have has the stock very loose and it's not easy to leave in a certain position.
Maybe you can remove a little the original paint with a small cutter/blade on the springs.
I decided to not add snakeskin in these parts 'cause the movement ruin the paint and I just leave them black. They can operate anyway with no problem, but if you move them often, you have to remake the paint application.

Nice work :thumb
Thank you very much cdn_rhino :)

I really like the look of this rifle. Great job.
I'm glad that you like it PemGreene, thank you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts