One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

While out and about wandering online recently, I came across this little beauty: the Double Diamond Law Enforcement 9mm AR15 lower receiver. It is compatible with Glock extended magazines. I feel another project coming along soon ... just thought that I'd share.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Looks like its a hip-tuck stabilizer or designed to telescope into just a basic shoulder/cheek rest, the 9mm isn't going to push back much with all that receiver weighing it down.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Re: DDLE 9mm AR15 lower receiver

FDE coloured weapons are just pretty! how is the person going to shoulder the weapon with that wierd stock ?
That's not actually a stock, it's a recoil spring tube with padded covering!

This weapon is configured as a "pistol" per BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) rules. Barrel is less than 16" and it has no stock. If this was fitted with a conventional stock, it would then become a "short barreled rifle" and subject to a $200 tax, etc. Caliber is unimportant... it could fire 9mm, .45 ACP, .223, 7.62, or even .50 Beowolf and still meet the "legal" definition of a pistol.

You could even conceivably assemble a .50 BMG pistol. Will rip your arm from the socket when fired, but can't have a stock or barrel longer than 16".

Totally bass-ackward system, but that's what we have here in the US.

:knock

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Ruscal is correct however you can now add a stabilizer Brace to a Pistol configured AR paltform and still be legal and classified as a pistol.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
Looks like the answer to a question nobody asked. I'm curious about what role this would fill that a MP5/UMP45 couldn't?
Parts commonality between other AR15s, easier optics and accessories mounting, same ergonomics and battery of arms as other AR15s so no new training required for people who are familiar with the AR15, probably lighter than a MP5, probably cheaper than a MP5 as well, and it takes Glock magazines, which are cheap and commonly available, etc..

There are a ton of 9mm AR15s out there. This one definitely isn't the first, but it is one of the nicer ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts