One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guessed that I'm excited about the release of The Dark Knight film on July 18th, you'd be right. I have my tickets for the IMAX showing already bought and paid for, and with every trailer and sneak peak my anticipation builds. With such a couple dirth of figures at the stores though, I was very happy to see DC Direct get their 13" Deluxe figures out early. As you know, I've not been a big fan of the deluxe series, but I'm happy to say that the Joker is the best figure in the line to date, and is actually worth the bucks. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Batman, but there's always Hot Toys.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Just got my set a couple of days ago...IMO Joker is worth every penny and then some...Bats is another story. I was hoping that DCD wouldn't "superhero" Batman (that little pinhead is even more obvious this time around) like they did for the Batman Begins figure, but it wasn't to be. My humble advice for anyone out there: pick up the DCD Joker figure, it really is very well done, and skip the Batman. Thanks for the review
Michael!

·
Registered
223 Posts
What do you do with all the figures you get? I read your disappointing review of the Dark Knight figure and wonder if you sell off the ones you don't like. If not, we'd love to see some sollection pics.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sell off some stuff, but I keep most of it. I'm actually having a building built for the collection, because since I moved a couple years ago, it's been in storage. So no photos right now, but hopefully later this year I'll finally have it all set up the way I'd like.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I've got to say, the Joker is quite a nice figure, though £45 is getting pricey, well for me anyway. That said, compared to other offerings he's pretty good value. I still have to pay £70 if I want an SS Indy. Mind you, I do intend on doing a custom based on the Hasbro one, so maybe, just maybe, I won't need the SS one.

We shall see....

CHEERS!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I sell off some stuff, but I keep most of it. I'm actually having a building built for the collection, because since I moved a couple years ago, it's been in storage. So no photos right now, but hopefully later this year I'll finally have it all set up the way I'd like.
I'd love to see your garage sale. Let me know if the Dark Knight or anty of the other DC Direct figures don't make your stay list.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
This may have been answered already, perhaps in order posts a long time ago, but may I ask again: why are they 13" tall rather than 12" [11 3/4''~] ? I understand Supes is taller than average but not everyone else, especially Logan/Wolverine :p

Anyway, thanks for the reviews as usual, their Joker does look really worth it, and as good as the HT one. The Medi looks a little~ nicer than the HT one though. [HS has an edgier deranged look] While there I also poked around and looked at your SST Shaun of the Dead reviews. I liked looking at them as well and find them pretty decent.

Is the zombie cop in the first picture of the SotD figure review from an upcoming Lazerbeak figure? It has about the same head as his other two so I just assumed.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cuz DCD decided to go big? They picked the scale, wanting to be 'superheroic' or some such crap.

The zombie cop is a reuse of the Peril Unlimited Ash head sculpt with a new cop uniform. He'll be sold through Time and Space Toys which have a brick and mortar location at the Monroeville Mall, where they filmed the original Dawn of the Dead. They plan on doing a series of such zombies as a tie in with the store.

·
Medic
2,882 Posts
I saw these guys in person about a week ago at my brother-in-laws and they're not too bad. The Joker is pretty nice. Though, I would say not nearly as nice as some other versions that I've seen of him from the forthcoming movie.

- Ian

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Great review as usual Michael, thanks!

I have a question to those who own the DCD figures - are their uniforms/costumes removable (easily removable, I should say)? I have no interest in the large scale, but the costumes look pretty cool and the smaller noggin on Batman might be alright for a 12" figure.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Great review as usual Michael, thanks!

I have a question to those who own the DCD figures - are their uniforms/costumes removable (easily removable, I should say)? I have no interest in the large scale, but the costumes look pretty cool and the smaller noggin on Batman might be alright for a 12" figure.
Not really sure about the Batman figure, Gregorbian. The Joker looks like it wouldn't be a hassle, but the Batman figure might have a few kinks. Also, the Bats armor suit probably couldn't be used on a "regular" sized figure...the superhero body sculpt is huge and the plastic is tailored to fit it. Still, with a little creative chopping on the plastic armor I guess anything is possible...dammit...now you've got me thinking...lol!

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I just received my Joker yesterday, also think it's a very well done figure. I agree with you, Michael, probably DC's best to date. The HS is right on the money (although the neck could be longer), and the clothes are super. I'd like to use the clothes for period piece, late 19th or early 20th century civilian - properly dyed of course.

·
Designer
93 Posts
Yea, I couldn't figure out what to do with it, as I mentioned in the review. Does it go on his arm? I'm assuming...or does it go on his leg? Probably too small. hmmmm...
it goes on his arm.. if you see the Hot toys DK batman is wearing the "mangler on his arm/forearm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts