One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a sixth scale night, at least at MROTW. I have my review up of the DC Direct deluxe 13" Green Arrow, a figure that's a real disappointment. Why? Because he's almost perfect...almost...and then there's those damn bendy hands. Normally I don't abuse a figure for a single issue this much, but it's so critical that Green Arrow be able to hold his bow and arrows well - and that you don't end up going gray trying to do get him in a decent pose.

The guest review from Jeff Parker looks at two new Hot Toys POTC figures - Will Turner and Cannibal Jack! He has his usual great review and photos for us.

You can find all the links at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

·
1:6 MANIAC
265 Posts
It's a sixth scale night, at least at MROTW. I have my review up of the DC Direct deluxe 13" Green Arrow, a figure that's a real disappointment. Why? Because he's almost perfect...almost...and then there's those damn bendy hands. Normally I don't abuse a figure for a single issue this much, but it's so critical that Green Arrow be able to hold his bow and arrows well - and that you don't end up going gray trying to do get him in a decent pose.

The guest review from Jeff Parker looks at two new Hot Toys POTC figures - Will Turner and Cannibal Jack! He has his usual great review and photos for us.

You can find all the links at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC
Holy cow! I have been disappointed here and there w/ DCD13" line, but this Green Arrow fig tops them all! The most insulting figure ever! And don't get me wrong, I loved the sculpt, outfit..... But The darn bendy hands plus a cheap broken-out-of-the-box belt strap made this figure impossible to abuse enough. Michael, what are those guys at tCD thinking? Are they on crack?

·
265 Posts
Well, those damn hands have got to go. I managed to get some decent poses out of him, but the hands needed to be sculpted to last. You ca even see the breaking pinky finger in this shot:

OMG!!! look the paint falling apart!!!
we all know Michael is careful, and probably took this pic right out-of-the-box...

OUCH!!!

·
265 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts