One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy Company leader Sgt. Rock joins the popular 1:6 scale deluxe collector figure line!

A crack shot and an expert in close hand-to-hand combat, Rock's nearly superhuman endurance is legendary, allowing him to survive gunshot wounds, grenade fragments and harsh outdoor elements.
Dressed in the intricate and authentically detailed costume of military garb from the World War II storylines that made this character famous, Sgt. Rock also includes numerous character-appropriate accessories.

The figure comes with a display base and is packaged in a deluxe 4-color window box with a fifth panel.

Advance-solicited; on sale April 29, 2009 * Collector figure * $99.99 US

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I like the sculpt, but the rest looks kind of cheesy. The Thompson does look small in his hands, though it may be the photo angle. The body looks REAL cheap with weird joint spots.

·
Registered
399 Posts

I'm glad for all you Rock fans out there.... but what a weird choice.

You would think they would finish off the JLA first. I would have thought The Question, Hawkman, Ra's a Ghul, Black Manta, or any number of other characters would have came out before him.

·
Ol`timey!
482 Posts
I wondered if they`d try Rock.:) I also collect Sgt. Rock comics, so this is interesting to me, but DC hasn`t hit this one dead on. The sculpt doesn`t really look like Rock IMO, but it is an interesting head.
I would hope they`d come up with a different Thompson, as that`s obviously too small. Rock wasn`t huge (Bulldozer was!;) ) He`s also missing his lucky ammo belts, although I`m sure that`s just an early photo over sight..at least I hope so, as they are a "required item"! :cheers

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
I'm glad for all you Rock fans out there.... but what a weird choice.

You would think they would finish off the JLA first. I would have thought The Question, Hawkman, Ra's a Ghul, Black Manta, or any number of other characters would have came out before him.
I can't find it now, but I saw a quote from someone at DCD who said they weren't changing the focus of the line, but just taking a break and putting out some characters who weren't JLA types. I'm sure they'll get back to it.

I would love a well done Sgt. Rock in proper scale, but this one isn't it for me. Neither was the old Dreams and Visions one. As a kid I remember reading through some old Sgt. Rock comics my dad had in a box in the attic. Then Remco released 1/18 Sgt. Rock figures back in the early 80's. I had a bunch of those guys. :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
You might be thinking of Sgt. Fury. Marvel sent him to Viet Nam and Korea. As far as the figure, he ain't Rock without those .50 cal belts over his shoulders.
I agree with zombie, he needs those ammo belts around his chest. I'm sorry, that head sculpt isn't even close to Kubert's classic Rock, IMO. In the head shot photo, he looks like he smelled something wretched.

What's with the baby Thompson?
He definitely needs a body transplant, too bad it looks like a cheap piece of plastic.

I own the awesome GI Joe Collectors Club Sgt. Rock set. It's far from perfect, but it is a good representation of Rock. It's something I could never bring myself to open, but that's cool.

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/product/rock/

$100 for DC Direct's? I'll pass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, and what's with the background? Rock was in the ETO not the PTO. The character was depicted with the Garand-style ammo belt, even though he carried a Thompson. What's missing are the "good luck charm" .50 caliber ammo belts he wore.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.