One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the Dark Knight on Saturday and was so inspired that can't resist to bash them right away, even thought I ordered the HT ones already...
I started out sculpting my Joker basing on my old Killjoy - Edison CHEN HS, as I happens to have a similar suits from SS's White Zombie, sprayed purple, painted the vest Green... herewith the smartest criminal ever...

Then, I had this 2nd hand 13" DC Direct Batman that I bought at 45USD... knowing that I have the HT ones coming in, I got brave and tear it apart, the pieces are actually quite simple, but I had to trim most of the armour to fit onto a G3.5, especially the chest plate, I had to cut into 3 parts to allow movement. The under layer was a HT's Dive Suit, added Dr Figure gloves hand and BBI Boots... I must say the HS is not as bad as it was aft repainted... and it fits well with 12", more to scale... hope you like my versions! Thanks!

The Dark Knight -

ArchEnemies -

Two-Face coming soon with more pics of the Dark Knight & the Joker..

·
My friends call me Ray
7,844 Posts
Genius! That Batman conversion is perfect! Your Joker custom is brilliant! You said you painted the clothes. I think the result is as good as manufacturer quality. And that HS work is excellent. Your rendition is no where second to HT's. Now I think you can cancel your HT order. Are you gonna get those sick Batman vehicles?

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ray! It felt great when I had all the armour parts laying on the table, felt like Bruce working on the outfits just like in the movie.
Ha ha ha... thanks, it was Model paint Spray then dry brush... very economical resuing the loose on the Joker.
Nah... HT Batman & Joker are must have, top of the shelf!
Vehicles?! I thought about them but passed, too big! Better save the space and money for more figures... LOL!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Wow, kickass work Cal, you really worked some magic here.
First off, that Bats is an awesome demonstration of craftiness, creativity and determination, not to mention vision.
And that Joker is just hands down Brilliant!!!!1111one
Great pose to model him in as well, the crowds here loved that scene. ;)

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks rovot, HP, newbie, Ken, Kuroi, Xavier & tony! Glad you all like my redition of this latest hot movie, probably best Batman flick ever!!!

Special thanks to Rogerbee, mine are no where to HT's, as they nailed Heath Ledger 100%, I had to buy them outta respect and loving memory of this great actor, as well as my respect to the Nolan/Bale collaboration.

Thanks also to Saiko, I think Ledger redefined The Joker, and his version of Joker is what "Vision" truly means! Flattered and honored as always, bro! Thks!

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I wanted to do the exact same thing after seeing The Dark Knight! If my upgraded DC Direct Batman is even 1/100000th as cool as yours turned out, I'll be a happy camper.

I also really like your version of the Joker. Very interesting idea to spray paint the suit, I might have to try that.

Excellent work all around!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanted to do the exact same thing after seeing The Dark Knight! If my upgraded DC Direct Batman is even 1/100000th as cool as yours turned out, I'll be a happy camper.

I also really like your version of the Joker. Very interesting idea to spray paint the suit, I might have to try that.

Excellent work all around!
Thanks as always Gregorbian! Indeed, such powerful and inspiring a movie, the mood, the story, the ideas it tries to preveil... Sure! Go try, and feel like Bruce fixing his armour... nothing like it my man! I am now thinking of buying the DC DK and do the same, then I would have 4 Batmen soon... lol!

Ledger is such an inspiring actor that I had to made one myself... yup, spraying clothes is much easier than dye them... and much easier to weather, as already a layer of paint after sprayed...go have fun
Thks!
Cal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts