One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm somewhat new to the 1/6 hobby but several months ago started a headsculpt using Sculpy for my Tank Girl character. I got occupied with my garden and somewhat forgot about it, but had it and some extra (color matched) Sculpy clay in a plastic Solo cup for protection and put it in the box with my Phicen figure and her clothing. When I checked the box a couple days ago, I discovered the sculpy head and excess clay are melting through the Solo cup, and have bled pink goo on some clothing and on my figure itself. The goo is the consistency and color of bubble gum. It came off the figure relatively easily but left a pink stain on her arm. Her shirt and a nylon accesory have the pink goo enmeshed into it and am trying to use a swiss army knife to remove it with varyng results. You can see where the goo is on the left breast of her top and where I scraped off from her harness as well as the stain on her arm I'm wondering if anyone knows what caused this reaction or knows of ways to safely store projects in process. Clean up hints and tricks would also be appreciated. Other than melting through the cup, the head seems fully intact. I used some aluminum foil for the neck mount, which I know can generate heat in certain chemical combinations, but I don't think that's the case, The head sculpt has kept it's detail, there's no discoloration by the foil, and the raw clay is also melting though the cup. It was stored indoors outside of direct sunlight, it's unlikely it was ever more than upper 70's temperature. This was an expensive and potentially scary surprise for trying to make a better headsculpt for my Tank Girl character. One I'd like to avoid at all costs.
Finger Nail Tints and shades Cylinder Magenta

Hand Liquid Fluid Finger Automotive lighting

Dishware Food Tableware Cup Ingredient

Lip Glove Lipstick Human body Dress

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is a little late, but never store different types of clay or plastics in other plastics, unless it is LDPE low density polyethylene. Pretty much all of them will react with one another. Glass is your safest storage vessel.
You can't even leafe a Dragon flexible glove hand holding a little plastic cigarette for any extended period of time. The cig will dissolve into the glove.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts