One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAMTOYS:刺客信条粉丝好消息!Damtoys宣布已取得《刺客信条》(Assassin's Creed)游戏和电影的制作版权!

我们很快将会为玩家们带来育碧最畅销的电子游戏《刺客信条》系列珍藏人偶!

以及由美国二十世纪福克斯电影公司发行、人气影星迈克尔·法斯宾德(Michael Fassbenderr)及玛丽昂·歌迪亚(Marion Cotillard)所饰演的《刺客信条》电影1/6珍藏人偶以及1/4雕像!

敬请密切关注!

Hello to all fans of Assassin's Creed!
We are glad to announce Damtoys is licensed to bring a range of collectibles from Both Assassin's Creed movie and video game series.

We will present you collectible figures from the most popular video game series officially licensed by UBISOFT. And also officially licensed figures from Movie by 20th Century Fox, features Michael Fassbenderr and Marion Cotillard.
Please stay turn for our updates!

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
They should've hitched their wagon to a different star (property). The movie is bombing. Though I admit a few designs from the games are interesting they're all derivative of the original cloak/hood and dagger look. Why not Gears of War?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
They should've hitched their star to a different property. The movie is bombing. Though I admit a few designs from the games are interesting they're all derivative of the original cloak/hood and dagger look. Why not Gears of War?
The games are hugely popular, the movie is probably only a sidenote. And the original Hot Toys figure is one of the greatest and most complex figures Hot Toys ever made so it's exciting DAM is taking on that challenge. I also have to respectfully disagree with you about comparisons. Gears of War is great but figures wouldn't add much very different from Halo, Mass Effect, Titanfall Pilot, others. Assassins' Creed starts out with extremely detailed historical period gear that's in itself very rare in 1/6 (renaissance, other periods) and then embellishes that with the use of truly unique weapons and gear. Bring it, DAM.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
And so begins..err continue the $200+ era. I wonder if the Ubisoft deal means the end of the Division inspired figures or perhaps an official license?

·
Ramen Desolator
131 Posts
In fact it is rather suprising no one else has jumped on the AC franchise until just now, considering its popularity. The quality of recent releases is dismal, but none can deny it still remains to be Ubisoft's flagship franchise.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
In fact it is rather suprising no one else has jumped on the AC franchise until just now, considering its popularity. The quality of recent releases is dismal, but none can deny it still remains to be Ubisoft's flagship franchise.
Hot Toys did one before and I believe there was an unlicensed release that ended up getting cancelled if I recall correct. Video games haven't gotten picked up that regularly until the likes of ThreeA started going down that route. Maybe that has something to do with price points.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Hot Toys did one before and I believe there was an unlicensed release that ended up getting cancelled if I recall correct. Video games haven't gotten picked up that regularly until the likes of ThreeA started going down that route. Maybe that has something to do with price points.
It's a broader discussion veering somewhat off-topic, but I think maybe videogames in general may be better served by sculpted 12" figures in the $75 range, like the Neca 12" Gears of War were pretty good for what they are. Assassin's Creed itself would be an exception with all the complex textures of fabrics, leather and metal like the HT one had.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
I'm going the optimistic route.

"IF" this opens the door for officially licensed offerings that can remain under the $200.00 USD MSRP (i.e. $139.99 to $179.99 USD range) while the design and quality remains consistent that DAM/VTS has been able to maintain overall, then I'm definitely up for more UBISOFT classic properties given an official and proper treatment.

GHOST RECON
RAINBOW SIX
SPLINTER CELL

Along with THE DIVISION and WATCHDOGS.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Got the HT version, love it, don't play the games but read the books, didn't know there was a movie but now I do. This should be cool!

·
Registered
490 Posts
The Movie wasn't that bad it distinctly had the feel of the games, swapping back between present day and the past. I would love a figure or even just the gear sets that looked and had the feel of the game characters especially the classic Ezio or Altair look. Maybe with one or two of the girl characters with a change of outfit to fit in with the period.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I will probably never watch the film, but I'm a huge fan of the game art/concept design books. My kids played the original one and the Black Flag (No. IV, I believe). It is a bit disappointing the later releases after no. IV had some quality issues, but I think overall the game canon would provide DAM with some great source material for at least a lineup of main characters.

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
I'm unlikely to be able to afford one (as I'm perpetually skint) but I missed out on the HT Ezio so I'd be super excited to see what they're coming out with!

(I saw the film and as a massive AC fan, actually enjoyed it. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was entertaining and I liked how well they tied it into the games canon)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'd love to see a few figures from Unity, Syndicate, or black flag, much more than from the recent movie which was a big miss to say the least...
Some capt Kenway would be a great buddy for the capt Sparrow!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
I'm going the optimistic route.
"IF" this opens the door for officially licensed offerings that can remain under the $200.00 USD MSRP (i.e. $139.99 to $179.99 USD range) while the design and quality remains consistent that DAM/VTS has been able to maintain overall, then I'm definitely up for more UBISOFT classic properties given an official and proper treatment.

GHOST RECON
RAINBOW SIX
SPLINTER CELL

Along with THE DIVISION and WATCHDOGS.
I wonder how much a license REALLY adds to the price of a figure? For example, the VTS Mad max is an unlicensed excellent fig that ran around the $150 range. If HT had the fig, what would they have asked for? at least $260..
what do yo all think?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I wonder how much a license REALLY adds to the price of a figure? For example, the VTS Mad max is an unlicensed excellent fig that ran around the $150 range. If HT had the fig, what would they have asked for? at least $260..
what do yo all think?
A couple of things to factor in there. From a brief look at some sources, a 2013 report (Licensing Letter Royalty Trends Report) the average royalty rate in 2012 was 10.4% (as a percentage of manufacturer's selling price) for toys and games for entertainment properties. Those are semi-applicable to the extent that your average licensed toy will sell far more units (millions vs hundreds to thousands) than any 1/6 property due to the widespread retail distribution. I would imagine the licensing deals for 1/6 scale products might be structured slightly differently given the smaller product runs, and may be subject to a minimum payout then averaged over the number of units, but that should give you a rough idea of what large brands pay. The other approach is for 1/6 brand to license a number of properties from the same company over a series of products, as we've seen with other brands. In general it is more profitable as you can charge more, but you take more risk on the property as the massive duds hot toys has from time to time illustrate.

The other factor you would have to look at would be the distribution deals in place. Sideshow adds a large uplift to Hot Toys pricing as part of that equation and their take is higher than most distributors in this space as they provide far more infrastructure and support as well as finances. From what other brands have publicly stated, their distribution costs are as much as 20-30% of the products price.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
A couple of things to factor in there. From a brief look at some sources, a 2013 report (Licensing Letter Royalty Trends Report) the average royalty rate in 2012 was 10.4% (as a percentage of manufacturer's selling price) for toys and games for entertainment properties. Those are semi-applicable to the extent that your average licensed toy will sell far more units (millions vs hundreds to thousands) than any 1/6 property due to the widespread retail distribution. I would imagine the licensing deals for 1/6 scale products might be structured slightly differently given the smaller product runs, and may be subject to a minimum payout then averaged over the number of units, but that should give you a rough idea of what large brands pay. The other approach is for 1/6 brand to license a number of properties from the same company over a series of products, as we've seen with other brands. In general it is more profitable as you can charge more, but you take more risk on the property as the massive duds hot toys has from time to time illustrate.

The other factor you would have to look at would be the distribution deals in place. Sideshow adds a large uplift to Hot Toys pricing as part of that equation and their take is higher than most distributors in this space as they provide far more infrastructure and support as well as finances. From what other brands have publicly stated, their distribution costs are as much as 20-30% of the products price.
I think all of the above is true and well-stated. To put some meat on the bones of that argument, as I have posted before it is the case that sometimes License Agreements become semi-public record due to Securities filings. Here for example we have Hasbro's 1997-2007 agreement with LucasFilm Toy License Agreement - Lucas Licensing Ltd. and Hasbro Inc. - FindLaw and its 2007-2011 (possibly renewed) License Agreement with Marvel Hasbro Redacted License Agreement 4/19/06 .(00033449.DOC;2) which turned up online with royalty $ redacted. I should point out that these are mass market retail license agreements and so the licenses for niche/premium/collectibles might work a little differently, particularly there may not be exclusivity.

As to the present Assassin's Creed announcement, I wonder if DAM's license will be movie based or based on just one game, or all the games. Recognizing how good HT Ezio was, do DAM want to begin by taking it head on (ie "here's the cheaper current version of that old HT one that's so expensive now" -- like Star Ace with Leonidas); or do they want to warm up first with some other aspect of the A's C franchise.

NOTE: those links have changed since I posted them in December so cut-and-paste failed but I believe these updated links work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts