One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been to the post office and picked up the 2011 Cyber-Hobby/Dragon Figure US Ranger Cappy and I am totally over the moon with him.

Totally impressed with all the parts and how the item was packaged it took just under 2 weeks to get which was fantastic.

I love how the M1 Grand Strips down yet how solid it's design is. I'm trying to figure out a part (that looks rather like a belt but seems too small to be a belt). I have yet to find this figure elsewhere but wow I am so excited to search further.

Anyway I was looking at making Cappy into one of the Rangers that assaulted the Gun battery at Maisey in 1944 (there is quite some mystery surrounding this battle as the site was covered up after the war).

Totally impressed. Quick question is there any decent books to read on the Rangers ?
Concerning uniform and training ? I can recommend a book called the cover up at Omaha beach some very detailed accounts.

Thanks for your support !

Attachments

·
Sir Lurksalot
661 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a part (that looks rather like a belt but seems too small to be a belt).
Are you talking about the belt that the figure is wearing above his equipment belt in the picture on the box? If not, can you post a picture of the part you're trying to identify?

Not a Ranger book per say but a good book about the D-Day landings and includes the Rangers is Spearheading D-Day: American Special Units in Normandy by Jonathan Gawne. It has great
pics including re-enactor pics and covers some of the equipement that was used as well.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,040 Posts
if the paint apps on that figure pictured in front of the box looked anything like the actual figure inside the box it would truly be stellar. but as it is, it's a decent figure.

namaste
Miguel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Including a few pictures of this belt. I was a little confused as it was just loose in the characters side of the box. I think he is really quite impressive I love the M1 Grand (I need to resemble it though after taking it apart).

But if you get chance look at this book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Up-Omaha-Beach-Battery/dp/1848844891

Attachments

·
Sir Lurksalot
661 Posts
Including a few pictures of this belt. I was a little confused as it was just loose in the characters side of the box. I think he is really quite impressive I love the M1 Grand (I need to resemble it though after taking it apart).

But if you get chance look at this book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Up-Omaha-Beach-Battery/dp/1848844891
From that picture... it looks like it some kind of equipment strap. Is part of the strap "leather"? It's hard to tell with that pic. Maybe take a couple more pics from different angles.

To hazard a guess, I'd say it's probably for the M1928 pack. Either to attach the Meat Can Pouch or the strap that goes around the bottom would be my best guess at this point.

Edit: Well, I just found this on eBay: Cyber Hobby Cappy Helmet SET 1 6 Scale Dragon | eBay which includes it with the helmet but why it's with the helmet, I'm not sure unless it's supposed to be part of the helmet suspension system. Maybe take a pic of the inside of the helmet liner.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was also searching and I was thinking it was something to attach to the webbing but hey you found the piece on ebay I was still scratching my head as to what this piece was. But thank you.

Totally wonderful figure I was tempted at getting a Ranger and I liked this figure better than both DID and Soldier Story models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts