One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on a site I sometimes visit

I wanted my own... but I wanted to actually make it myself, so I decided to put my sculpting skills to the test (probably shouldn't have :p)

Anyway, I have a candy topper that I bought around the time ROTS came out that I'm thinking about using as a base to make one of these Dagobah Cave heads

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
The piece you saw was made by Hurricane, who used to come around here, but has not been by in a while, or at least posted here in a while. His work is top notch to say the least. I own 1 of his pieces and I really want 1 of these too. Looks like you're off to a good start though. Is that head completely custom? If so, what did you use to sculpt with?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I had an old GI Joe head laying around so I used some bondo type putty that you can buy at wal-mart in the automotive section.. (pinch, knead, place where you want and wait forever for it to set up :p)
I have played around with several types of that putty and the el-cheapo grande, (and nigh impossible to find anymore) bondo stuff that takes a while to set up is the one I like for this, it firms up (a little) after a few minutes but is still workable for an hour or two. Once the face was done, I added hair using the same method.
Well, my sculpt isn't going to win any awards, but I'm not trying to.. just trying to make myself a severed-luke/vader head :p

Now I just need to start making (and cleaning up) molds from that helmet. The dome should be easy. Making the face-part of the mask will take a little more work methinks.

On a (somewhat) related note, I gave my hasbro Ultimate Villain Vader a repaint (well... the head)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great shots with the new camera - big difference. Always happy to see SW stuff on the forum. Keep 'um coming!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.