One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Custom Star Wars Endor Rebel Commando

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Hollowpoint 
#1 · (Edited)
I was a recovering SW addict for quite some time... but about a month ago I got bit again when I picked up a Sideshow Han.. then I got QuiGon... and ObiWan... and Maul.... and Mace... and Bib Fortuna... crap.... I've got it bad again... but the best part is doing up custom characters.. considering a lot of the gear/weapons from the original trilogy are from actual WW2 gear/weapons.. its pretty easy to build up SW customs... plus I was getting kinda bored with military themes... just kinda stalled out with my motivation.. throwing a creative twist into the hobby kinda got me back into the swing of working in my workshop again... anywho... I know sideshow is doing three of these.. but I wanted mine to have real cloth pouches etc... so here's my stab at the subject.. biggest obsticle was the helmet.. which is obviously not 100% screen accurate (nor is the weapon) but they are pretty close..

See less See more
#3 ·
Dang, he's got it going on. Love the cloth pouches, StG44 conversion, and helmet. Very impressive custom.

What's that HS?

And are you getting any of Sideshow's Endor Commandos? If so, which ones?

#11 ·
Great work! I'm actually working on a very similar thing right now (waiting for the paint to dry on the helmet).
How did you make the helmet (I re-read your post and did not see a parts breakdown)? It looks pretty accurate. The rifle is great too, it looks pretty accurate from what I remember.

Keep these Star Wars customs coming!

#13 ·
for anyone interested in building Star Wars customs.. I found an excellent site that breaks down a few of the uniforms really well... perfect reference.. I am at the office right now but will post the link later tonight... as for the helmet.. I started out with a DML WW2 flyers cap.. came from pacific theatre pilot guy (headsculpt even looked like the guy from Pearl Harbor) I then added a ballcap bill from an ACE cloth ballcap... then took BBi Leon Javert helmet, ripped off the cloth cover and lopped off the top.. had to add a plastic disk on the top to make the top look thicker (scrap plastic) Then the padded top is just a DML WW2 german paratrooper kneepad.. the padding is way overscale for a really accurate endor helmet.. but I seriously just winged the helmet.. I am building a Rebel Fleet Trooper right now and am taking a bit more time to make his helmet more accurate... I am hoping that someone may part out an endor commando figure and I can just buy a sideshow helmet later.. we'll see... anyhoo.. there will be more customs from the original trilogy on the way.. plus I will tweak this guy a bit more and mount him on a base... stay tuned

#15 ·
I have to say that, although I'm not a big Star Wars fan (I enjoyed the original movies as a kid but didn't "stick with it" as an adult) this guy is really impressive. Whatever minor issues you may have with accuracy, *I* think it looks spot on... hell, maybe even a bit better than the movie versions!

#17 ·
This is one awsome custom, looks as good or better than SideShow's. Could you tell me where you got, or where I can get those cloth pouches. If I start looking around, I'll probably get distracted and buy other items I don't need, I'm a terrible impulse buyer. I bought the 3 pack SST Rebels and would love to replace those stupid molded pouches when they arrive. What did you use in his bandolier?
Just Fantastic!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.